Tranny Rebuild

1QUIK6

Just put in my newly rebuilt tranny & new converter. I'm having problems with the shifter locking in park. It just will not lock in. What are some of the adjustments for this problem. Need Help.

Thanks for the Information!
Great Site and Its safe to say that the knowledge of the users on this msg. board is OUTSTANDING!!

With the key in the on position,(car off), my shifter can go from P-R without depressing the button on the shifter. Actually it will go to and from all gears without depressing the button on the shifter. Is this correct? Or should you have to press the button on the shifter to go into the gears. With the car and key in the off position and the shifter in P, it won't go into R without turning the key to the on position. Confused!:confused: Could someone please straighten me out? What's the button supposed to do on the shifter??
S.S.L.

Take shifter handle off. Unscrew the plastic thingy till button works. When you pull it aprt it will be easy to see how it works.

Bruce
WE4
www.ptsnctb.com

sounds like the spring has sprung on the shift ...at the bottom of the shifter handle there is a spring the holds up the piece that makes the gate work it is the spring you feel when pushing the button...pop out the ashtray and take out the two screws under it and you can remove the plate around the shifter then look at the base of the shifter and see if there is a spring wrapped around the bottom holding the rod up..

I almost wrote that too but I was tired......... :):):)
Thanks Red thats is what is wrong probobly.

Bruce
WE4