Which transmission should I switch to?

SammyLJ

So I am picking up my 87 GN on Saturday which has a very built up engine. I don’t have all the specs but it’s been rebuilt with a GN1 striker kit, precision 62mm turbo, custom tune amongst other upgrades that I am supposed to get the sheets for. It has the 200r4 which the current owner says cannot handle the engine. What tranny should I look at to replace the stock one? I apologize for not having more details but I am just trying to get out in front of things here.

Turbo Buick Performance , Dave Husek 516-860-5287
Dave's transmissions will handle WAY more power than what you will be making , but like anything else built right , they are not cheap .

I have a Janis built trans in my ride. One of the highly recommended builders along with Dave.

Dave is building a converter for my new build though.

Dave Husek can build the 2004R to handle way more than what your combo can make, no problem. I don't have experience with the two or three others, but a couple other builders are reported to be capable. It's a small crowd. Call Dave.

So I am picking up my 87 GN on Saturday which has a very built up engine. I don’t have all the specs but it’s been rebuilt with a GN1 striker kit, precision 62mm turbo, custom tune amongst other upgrades that I am supposed to get the sheets for. It has the 200r4 which the current owner says cannot handle the engine. What tranny should I look at to replace the stock one? I apologize for not having more details but I am just trying to get out in front of things here.
As many has stated above contact dave husek and i would highly recommend you dont beat the car without getting the trans done or it can become alot more costly😉
You wont be disappointed

If you are on the West Coast, reach out to Lou Czarnota, his guy Julian, at 4C's Transmissions, is great.

But he only deals with Lou.

EDIT - Canada, never mind :)

Last edited: