Tranny "chugging"

BuickMike231

60% of the time, it works every time.
Hey guys, I have a question for you regarding my tranny. When the car is first fired up it seems to shift and operate just fine, I messed with the TV cable a while ago and the shifts are in a good spot, not too loose or tight. What is weird is once the car has been driven for a little bit, like around 40 minutes or so, it starts acting up. If I let off the gas and get back onto it just cruising around, it almost feels like a manual car that gets shifted too early and kind of chugs while the motor catches up. In between shifts it is fine. This starts to do this once everything has been driven for a little bit, could this still be a TV cable situation? The fluid level looks good, maybe a bit high but nothing excessive, could that be getting too hot and acting up? Not sure if anyone has had similar experience but wanted to see what you guys thought! Thanks!

Hey guys, I have a question for you regarding my tranny. When the car is first fired up it seems to shift and operate just fine, I messed with the TV cable a while ago and the shifts are in a good spot, not too loose or tight. What is weird is once the car has been driven for a little bit, like around 40 minutes or so, it starts acting up. If I let off the gas and get back onto it just cruising around, it almost feels like a manual car that gets shifted too early and kind of chugs while the motor catches up. In between shifts it is fine. This starts to do this once everything has been driven for a little bit, could this still be a TV cable situation? The fluid level looks good, maybe a bit high but nothing excessive, could that be getting too hot and acting up? Not sure if anyone has had similar experience but wanted to see what you guys thought! Thanks!
You will need to remove your trans pan and replace the Lock up solenoid,Your torque convertor is staying locked once hot.
For now unplug the wire from the side of the trans and it should cure it.
but replacing the solenoid is a must!

Thanks for the quick reply! If I disconnect that wire, is it ok to drive around a little bit like that? I will try to get that replaced as soon as possible. Thanks for the help!

Do you guys have any recommendations on good places to get one of these? Is it like everything else and better to stick with AC Delco or are the other ones alright to buy too? This is the TCC solenoid correct, the same thing as the lock up solenoid. I saw Rock Auto has one for 22 bucks, Kirban has one for 37. I haven't checked anywhere else yet. Thanks!

Do you guys have any recommendations on good places to get one of these? Is it like everything else and better to stick with AC Delco or are the other ones alright to buy too? This is the TCC solenoid correct, the same thing as the lock up solenoid. I saw Rock Auto has one for 22 bucks, Kirban has one for 37. I haven't checked anywhere else yet. Thanks!
you don't need to stick with the GM one.and yes it is the TCC solenoid.
If you cant get one local i have universal ones i use.

Great! Thanks for the help on this. If I disconnect the wire from the side of the tranny, can this damage anything if I drive it around a bit? Thanks!

I'm gonna hijack this a little since I have a similar problem.
My trans shifts fine until driven for a while (I guess the trans is heated). It starts shifting into 2nd, 3rd and 4th almost immediately after pulling from a stop. Is this the same mannerism mentioned with the TCC being bad?

Yes

I'm gonna hijack this a little since I have a similar problem.
My trans shifts fine until driven for a while (I guess the trans is heated). It starts shifting into 2nd, 3rd and 4th almost immediately after pulling from a stop. Is this the same mannerism mentioned with the TCC being bad?

Exactly.

Thanks.
If I unplug something from the trans will this be the telltale sign that the TCC is bad? Also, where is the plug located on the trans?

Thanks.
I'll unplug it when I get it on the ramps and look into having the TCC replaced as soon as possible.