Traded in the CTS-V

GNSCOTT

open faced club sandwich
Ever since breaking the rear at the track I have been afraid of taking the V back to the track so I hadda buy something new that seated 5 and there was only 1 other choice since I would never spend $90k on a BMW.

DSC00060.JPG

A bunch of guys at ATCO last month ran some mid to high 12's bone stock. No one alive can get those #'s out of the V. Its a 300C SRT-8. The thing pulls like it has a turbo.

GNSCOTT said:
Ever since breaking the rear at the track I have been afraid of taking the V back to the track so I hadda buy something new that seated 5 and there was only 1 other choice since I would never spend $90k on a BMW.

DSC00060.JPG

A bunch of guys at ATCO last month ran some mid to high 12's bone stock. No one alive can get those #'s out of the V. Its a 300C SRT-8. The thing pulls like it has a turbo.

VERY nice. Have you broken the news to the guys at the Caddy forum yet?

The "V" guys get testy when you bring up the SRT-8.

Jim

Hey Jimmy, I'm doing it in baby steps. I posted it in someone elses post. I did a review on the 300 boards on the 2 how they sit in the driveway and I am in the process of a performance comparison.

GNSCOTT said:

DSC00060.JPG

I'm in the market for a nice 4 door too, and the V came up with the SRT-8 while looking.. The only thing about the SRT is it looks like a brick going down the street. Did you have a 04, 05 or 06? i hear that the 06's had a new rear end made for them with the new LS2 motors..

The SRT-8 is faster in a straight line. It pulls real hard. I had an 04 V and yes the 06 rear is beefier, but you still have massive wheelhop and can never do a burnout, not to mention the 300 has more options and costs about $5k less than the V. Mine has every option but rear DVD and was $46,200. Here is the link to the comparison I did so far. http://www.300cforums.com/forums/sr...ers-comparison-part-1-300-srt-8-vs-cts-v.html

GNSCOTT said:
The SRT-8 is faster in a straight line. It pulls real hard. I had an 04 V and yes the 06 rear is beefier, but you still have massive wheelhop and can never do a burnout, not to mention the 300 has more options and costs about $5k less than the V. Mine has every option but rear DVD and was $46,200. Here is the link to the comparison I did so far. http://www.300cforums.com/forums/sr...ers-comparison-part-1-300-srt-8-vs-cts-v.html

Nice write-up - that's a lot of bang for the buck, too. I hadn't realized they were sub-$50k.

Jim

good job. I think the SRT is twice the car the V is.. Always thought the V was the ugliest car produced today.

425hp 420ft lbs 6.1L NA Hemi. Its the same motor as the regular hemi. Just punched out.

Dang! I didn't know they were putting out that much hp/tq. Too bad chrysler doesn't have a mustang/camaro 2dr car type platform to put that motor into!

BLACK6PACK said:
Dang! I didn't know they were putting out that much hp/tq. Too bad chrysler doesn't have a mustang/camaro 2dr car type platform to put that motor into!

They will in '08! The Challenger will be debuting in '08 with a 6-speed. The 6.1 425 motor is a lock, but there are reports of a 6.4 hemi making over 500 hp that will get into the Challenger.

Just saw a post of an SRT8 with only a sftermarket cat back exhaust making 400 RWHP.

Nice SRT-8 man! You are a lucky guy. That new Challenger will surely be an awesome ride as well. :biggrin:

did you have that at buick/ford dfay at atco the other weekend? i walked by and got a pic if it was yours. nice cars either way

Raist103 said:
did you have that at buick/ford dfay at atco the other weekend? i walked by and got a pic if it was yours. nice cars either way

That wasn't mine. I heard he had 700 miles on the clock and ran a 12.7 bone stock.

The Challenger is an awesome looking car. That looks like a modern version of the Dukes car.

I knew it had the different heads, cam etc, just meant it was the same block. :)

The motor is deffinately underrated. The Mercedes 4 Matic (maybe its a 5 matic because it is a 5 spd) is probably the best tranny with a torque convertor I have had in a sports car. It automatically downshifts aggressively if you apply the brakes hard and under wot shifts right at 6200 rpm's in all gears, and is smooth during daily driving.

Wanna race? :D

Somebody sell this weenie another GN. :cool:

PS: If you put my feeback control on the eskilator runway the plane won't fly. :p