CTS-V owners - chime in here. Am I crazy to consider one as a DD?

Have you considered joining the CTS-V forum and asking some of the owners first hand? I feel most would steer you in the right direction. Whats better than an actual owners testimony. I've seen several CTS-V wagons at CC.
I'll just say, I would've loved my mom to drop me off at school in one of those back in the day.

I've been talking to the local owners group. I really was unable to dig up much of any dirt on these cars at all. Really solid.

I actually ended up buying the local wagon today. I pick it up tomorrow. I fell in love with how comfortable it was and how it drove. Pretty quick too! The only thing that I didn't like was that the screen for the moonroof does not keep all the sun out and of course the electronics are not as cool as what is offered in new cars today. The place I for it from was a small father - son operation with really solid reviews. Real nice guys with no major pressure. I got them within a grand of what I was hoping to pay, but then the son kept drooling over my WRX and offered me $3k less than I paid for it brand new and it has 40k miles on it. That's about $5k over kbb trade in and I got the tax break on top of it for trade in. That pretty much sealed the deal lol. I'll post pics after I get it home.

Congratulations, pics soon?

Was the WRX an STI?

I'll get some pics in the next few days. My old car was a world rally blue 2014 WRX hatch. This car is also kind of a unicorn. That's why the kid got so excited about it. He also was happy about the mods and tuning, but I only had about $500 into it since I got all the parts 2nd hand and tuned it for free using opensource software. I did recently put new tires and Koni adjustables on it though.

I'm trying that, from the 50's!:eek:
As for the CTSV, the 1 I saw make a pass at BG, would put a smile on any V owner's face!!....11.37 AIRC!:cool:

I left out all the gory details of my two weeks in Amsterdam...."Who's that? Dude did you see that dinosaur?" part. :p

There is nothing that I do not love about the CTS-V. Fast while still being comfortable, easy on the eye and just plain Cadillac and pimping that "grocery getter" vibe.

IF, and when the blu 87 T goes bye bye, it's a V as the next toy!
My bud, Brad Brand, of 10.5 fame, has a2014, w/ a cam/heads....A scary fast GG! One ride in his, and I was hooked. :smuggrin:

I seriously love this car and it grows on me more and more every day. At this point I would let the GN go with the right offer lol.

IMG_20160918_122126408_zpsvcafptuu.jpg

I sold my GN with plans to buy one and picked this one up last week. I put more miles on it in the first three hours than I put on my GN in 5 years. It's the perfect car. Comfy, quiet and the family can enjoy it. Then when you put your foot in it, it's a monster. I have no intentions of keeping it stock, in fact I already have a pile of parts for it. I have no idea what I've been getting for mileage, but It took two tanks to get home (640 miles).

image.jpeg.2e7c87436c0689757573aaa63789558b.jpeg

I hate you guys! After chatting with Gary Wells a while back about the merits of a V vs. The Buick I was sold. Then, I decided that I might want to wait a bit and let depreciation do some of the heavy lifting for me. I still drool over the car but haven't been able to pull the trigger. I really dig the wagons but I really need to focus on other things and threads like this make the wheels start turning again! :mad:

I hate you guys! After chatting with Gary Wells a while back about the merits of a V vs. The Buick I was sold. Then, I decided that I might want to wait a bit and let depreciation do some of the heavy lifting for me. I still drool over the car but haven't been able to pull the trigger. I really dig the wagons but I really need to focus on other things and threads like this make the wheels start turning again! :mad:

I'm with you man! I saw a wagon yesterday on the web and it was too rich for my blood at almost $50K. I often have to take a step back and refocus as to why I am on this forum, not easy for a guy is it? I Also need to keep my focus upon my current commitments but I will once again be a "Toys are Us" kid.