Traction? 130+ mph guys help.

YellaGN

What kind of suspension modifications do you guys recommend? I have boxed uppers, and some old school non adj. metco lowers, air bag, and sticky tires. I am looking for a complete package. Shocks, struts, uppers, lowers, springs, sway bars with all the nuts and bolts. I am using beefed up stock rear, axles ect. Anything under a 40 mph roll is useless. Please keep in mind this car will most likely be seeing a S2 in the near future. Any suggestions? What works best for yall?

I have the following and have no problem even in 1st on the street at 28psi:
MT 275/60-15 DR's
ATR rear bar (HR bar going in soon)
HR adjustable uppers (poly bushings)
Hotchkis lowers (poly bushings)
Air bag in the right spring
Light front rims/tires

With 150-200lbs ballast in the trunk i can leave with 10psi off the footbrake if the pavement is smooth and around 80 degrees. G-teched 10.83 on the street at 3700lbs and 23psi. The car will have a lot more suspension work this year and a lot more power as well as weight removal or relocation. Id look into the stuff HR sells. They have really nice stuff that comes with good directions

Wolf bar, Hotckhis lowers, drag shocks front and back (90/10 & 50/50), good slicks and transbrake = consistant 1.37 for me.

MT 275/60-15 DR's
Light front rims/tires

With 150-200lbs ballast in the trunk i can leave with 10psi off the footbrake if the pavement is smooth and around 80 degrees. G-teched 10.83 on the street at 3700lbs and 23psi. The car will have a lot more suspension work this year and a lot more power as well as weight removal or relocation. Id look into the stuff HR sells. They have really nice stuff that comes with good directions

I hear Savitske makes some nice suspension products....:)

MT 275/60-15 DR's
Light front rims/tires

HAHA, that is my suspension (except I have Metco uppers and lowers and stock '86 TR springs)! I'm hopping on getting an HR bar too.

My best 60' with 275/60's has been in the low 1.5's. That is off the foot brake. Have not had too much success with them off the trans brake. I haven't had too many runs on the dr's though. I use them mostly for street driving.

The last time at the track, the airbag blew out before I made it there. Still ran the best times (on 10.5" slicks) but 60's were in the 145 range on a very good track. Best 60' to date with my suspension has been a 1.37. My wish list is: HR bar in back and QA1 shocks all around and some skinny front tires.