torque converter for gt 6776bb

paint it black

hey just wondering what toque converter some of you guyes are runing with the gt 6776bb turbo and how you like thrm.

As Otto mentioned, PTC converter. Contact Dusty Bradford on here as he is the PTC dealer.

http://www.turbobuick.com/forums/members/dusty-bradford.html

He can get you setup with the correct converter for your exact combo.

Personally, I would be looking at something in the 3000-3200 stall range with the PT6776R family of turbos. Eventhough it is dual ball bearing, it still needs some stall to make it rip from a dead stop punch. Therefore, you need a little bit of flash stall. I have an Art Carr 9" 3200 non lock up that I will be installing soon on mine. And from all the homework and reports I've heard and read, it should scream. I went with this converter because I got a smoking deal I couldn't pass up. When I installed my PT6776RHP turbo, my car had a 10" lock up 3000 stall installed by the previous, previous owner. Spool up was not quick enough for me as it is a really tight converter. It acts more like a 2700-2800 stall converter. I also run an RJC boost controller which helps with spool up as well. In my honest opinion, this 6776R family of turbos, when equipped with a Precision .63 A/R turbine housing, loves a true 3200 stall converter.

If I could afford it, I would buy one of Dusty's converters in a heart beat.
People are reporting excellent results with the PTC 9.5" converters. Dusty will take care of you for sure and he stands behind the products that he sells.

Hope this helps.

Patrick

Patrick is right about the PTC 9.5 NLU...its the bomb. Need a few $$ for it though. I am going to the track tonight to see what the 10" 2800 LU will do. I took out the 3200 to go to this 2800. We will see what the outcome is.

Read my thread in the turbo section from May 10 "6776 Track results". I will be posting all of my data from tonight back on that thread.

Contact Dusty Bradford, he'll get you the right converter for your car. He has alot of data from my car. Depending on how fast you want to go will determine if you need a 9.5" N/L converter. The 10" is good for 11.0's w/o slipping.

Like has already been said. Depending on what your et goals are I have 2 different converters for that turbo.

10" lock-up for the 11 second street car or the 9.5n/l for those more serious about maximizing the turbo.

The 9.5 will have faster spoolup and be more efficient. PM me for details.

hey just wondering what toque converter some of you guyes are runing with the gt 6776bb turbo and how you like thrm.

The one in my sig. It even works well with the GTQ. 3100 at zero boost/vacuum. 4900 flash at 25 psi. It kicks a$$. slip under 5%

Patrick is right about the PTC 9.5 NLU...its the bomb. Need a few $$ for it though. I am going to the track tonight to see what the 10" 2800 LU will do. I took out the 3200 to go to this 2800. We will see what the outcome is.

Read my thread in the turbo section from May 10 "6776 Track results". I will be posting all of my data from tonight back on that thread.

Track rained out.:frown: No time slips for a while....

ill definetly contact dusty, i would like to run in the tens, but im not sure how possible it is with a stock bottom end. thank you every one.

ill definetly contact dusty, i would like to run in the tens, but im not sure how possible it is with a stock bottom end. thank you every one.

I think that stock block in the 10.9x is fine but I would draw the line there and make shure as always that the tune is safe. I'm still waiting for some real world results with these convertors before I spring for one :D

I think that stock block in the 10.9x is fine but I would draw the line there and make shure as always that the tune is safe. I'm still waiting for some real world results with these convertors before I spring for one :D

My Hurst Olds weighed 3710 with driver with a 6776 DBB w .85 ex housing
went 10.80s at 127.5 with a 1.69 60 ft
This was with a BONE stock bottom end on pump gas and Alky.
I ran the .63 housing and personally didnt like the top end
in comparison

Otto, were you running a 9.5 NLU PTC unit? What stall was spec'd with the
.85ex housing? I have the .63 hot side and spool up is almost too fast...if that's even possible, with my 3400 Vig. I'm looking into a PTC unit myself and changing out to a .85 housing.