Tired of Everything Made in China!

I read that somewhere, but important to note is that all the profits from those toyotas is going home, not staying here.

Man you beat me too it. I hear this all the time from people, but all that money (BILLIONS of $$$) is going right back to good ole Japan, where its reinvested into THERE economy!!! People just don't get it. You will NEVER see a foreign car living here in my driveway!! :wink: But thats just me, go ahead and blast me now...............;)

That money must being going into one person's pocket because Japan is in debt up to it's ears. I'm like most people around here, I would rather die than own an import car but atleast Japn isn't some communist country with nukes who pretty much owns all our markers of debt :eek: We've had our war with Japan and we're damn good friends now. It's the other I'm worried about....China plans on entering the car market as well.

Ray.....I Agree with you 100%!! China is not what is seems to be, and I suspect we'll probabally find out some day.:( And yes, China will soon be sending us there POS cars soon. And you know what?? People will buy them buy the 1000's. And we wonder why so many people are out of work...:mad: As for Japan, I was reading a magazine at the doctors office not long ago (U.S News and world Report?), and there was a VERY interesting article in there basically saying that it was America keeping Japan from having "there 1920's-30's type depression!! Its that bad there, and we are keeping them afloat. I guess better them then some Communist country, ie: China. I really don't have an issue with Japan except people keep using the "well there made here in the USA" and thats true. BUT, thats where it ends. EVERYTHING else incuding replacement parts (Millions of dollars) and the $$$$ from the sales of all these cars are going back to Japan. And your right, where is all that money going to overthere?? Poor managment?? Thought that was only a US problem??......;) Later......KTB

all that money (BILLIONS of $$$) is going right back to good ole Japan, where its reinvested into THERE economy!!!
BUT the Japanese economy has been "sick" for many years and only after 15 years has started started to recover slightly. I read in WSJ that Japanese home prices and real estate dropped 65% starting in the late 80s. There'd be riots in the USA streets if that hapened here.

japan even had several years of 0% loans to big businesses, still did not snap them out of recession.

China and USA imports - it's a bit more complicated.

The money going to the chinese manufacturers is not put under some mattress.

China is (I think) the world's largest foreign buyer of US Govt T-bills, bonds, and securities, the global "Gold Standard" for safe reliable investments.

By buying US Govt securities, China indirectly keeps US interest rates low. Low rates are a large part of the reason for the 2001-06 housing boom.

The low rates and accompanying economic expansion in the US, in turn permits us to buy larger quantities of Chinese goods.

The China and US economies are more intertwined than many realize.

The China and US economies are more intertwined than many realize.

Yes sir, It's just hard to say right now if thats good or bad.

tom h said:
BUT the Japanese economy has been "sick" for many years and only after 15 years has started started to recover slightly. I read in WSJ that Japanese home prices and real estate dropped 65% starting in the late 80s. There'd be riots in the USA streets if that hapened here.

japan even had several years of 0% loans to big businesses, still did not snap them out of recession.

Ditto.

They probaly got more debt than us.

Just a little tidbit.

Home >> Business
UPDATED: 16:02, October 11, 2006
China's auto imports up sharply
font size ZoomIn ZoomOut

China's auto imports reached 147,000 units -- worth a total of 4.84 billion U.S. dollars -- in the first eight months of this year, up 71.8 percent year on year in value terms.

Statistics from China's General Administration of Customs (GAC) show that the major sources of vehicle imports are the European Union, South Korea and the United States. Together they account for 88.2 percent of China's imports.

Luxury cars and cross-country vehicles - 3.0 litre or bigger - led the figures. In the eight month period, 49,000 topline vehicles were imported, up 110 percent year on year.

Private mine owners, real estate developers and owners of private entertainment businesses were the main buyers of cross-country vehicles, according to the GAC.

High consumption tax, high oil prices and a probable fuel oil tax would not affect the consumption patterns of these high-income customers, said Jia Xinguang, a well-known auto industry analyst.

China lowered import tariffs on cars, cross-country vehicles and mini-buses from 28 percent to 25 percent on July 1.

Source: Xinhua

:rolleyes:

I always here the argument that Japanese car companies take all the profit home while American car companies keep their profits here. Which is helping out the American people more? Employing our people or keeping investment money local (which may be invested overseas). I for one am more willing to buy a car made in America vs. an American company's car that is made in Canada or Mexico.

Japanese and European car companies build cars here because it it cheaper than building cars in Europe or Japan.

The "profits" get Re-invested into their american factories and are used to build more american factories so they can make more profits.

If you worry about Americans not having jobs in the future, make sure your kids stay in school and get a good education and learn multiple skills.

This will ensure Americans have jobs in the future more than not buying Chinese crap or foreign cars.

A buddies family owns a large steel company here outside of D/C and most of the Chineese steel that comes in rusts twice as fast and domestic steel. They end up rejecting most of the shipments because they fill a lot of government contracts but still stock some for the "price shopping crowd".

A buddies family owns a large steel company here outside of D/C and most of the Chineese steel that comes in rusts twice as fast and domestic steel. They end up rejecting most of the shipments because they fill a lot of government contracts but still stock some for the "price shopping crowd".
Something doesn't make sense with that comment as China is in an industrial boom right now and buying all of the US steel they can get their hands on..thus why there has been a shape rise in steel prices here in the US. It has more than tripled in the last 5 years. Cost me as much in steel to build a 22x25 carport last summer that it did to build a 55x28 garage 4 years ago! And now most cars sitting in the junk yard are worth more in scrap steel than what the yard paid for the car.
China wouldn't be shipping steel over to us since its highly sought after for new construction there...now Mexico is supplying alot of steel to the US now.

And I agree, spend the extra money and buy MAde in the USA when possible..otherwise, the goods you buy will only last 1/10 of the time... I still have tools and household items that my parents had that still work fine.....I buy a new "made in China" one and it lasts maybe a year or two and has to be replaced..... Such things as cheap water hoses, water nozzles, shower heads, power tools, water sprinklers..etc.... I have some of these from 30 years ago that work great and can't be replaced...I buy ones from China and they break before summer is up...

Something doesn't make sense with that comment as China is in an industrial boom right now and buying all of the US steel they can get their hands on..thus why there has been a shape rise in steel prices here in the US. It has more than tripled in the last 5 years. Cost me as much in steel to build a 22x25 carport last summer that it did to build a 55x28 garage 4 years ago! And now most cars sitting in the junk yard are worth more in scrap steel than what the yard paid for the car.
China wouldn't be shipping steel over to us since its highly sought after for new construction there...now Mexico is supplying alot of steel to the US now.

And I agree, spend the extra money and buy MAde in the USA when possible..otherwise, the goods you buy will only last 1/10 of the time... I still have tools and household items that my parents had that still work fine.....I buy a new "made in China" one and it lasts maybe a year or two and has to be replaced..... Such things as cheap water hoses, water nozzles, shower heads, power tools, water sprinklers..etc.... I have some of these from 30 years ago that work great and can't be replaced...I buy ones from China and they break before summer is up...

Yellow Pages Search -- Potomac Steel & Supply Incorporated -- YellowPages.com Call and find out yourself.

Actually most of the profits from japanese auto's go into the hands of the people that own stocks.