Tin cans rattling under the hood at 5psi.

boostmaster

Fresh build and can't go past half throttle or 5psi without KR. I have check everything grounds, cam sensor setting, fuel pump. Just can't figure this one out.

Check your water and oil. Re torque the heads. Could possibly be lifting the heads.

Bryan

Fresh motor... better pull the oil filter and cut it open. See how the break-in is going.

Bottle knock means too much timing. Are you using the same balancer from before?
Cam sensor 180* out , already verified that and no change. Now as for the stock hub.....hmmmm. I now have a internal balanced crank so I had the stock hub modified to remove the counter weight and neutral balanced then I reinstalled the crank trigger. I did'nt think it would have an affect on timing.

The ring on the balancer determines ignition timing. If it's moved, it will throw off timing.

At this point I would throw a timing light on and verify base timing.

HTH

RL

The ring on the balancer determines ignition timing. If it's moved, it will throw off timing.

At this point I would throw a timing light on and verify base timing.

HTH

RL
Took the ring off to verify it's location against another hub. It is very close but I do need to verify base timing......... I'm getting old forgot all about that. And to boot I gave away my timing light 2 years ago never expecting to use it again. Hell with most of the OBDII cars you can just about verify everything with a high quality scan tool. Compression calculations came out to be about 8.70:1 but even with that I should'nt be getting knock at 5psi.

Remove belt turn car on and rev it up a bit see if noise went away also recheck torque converter bolts make sur they are tight