Timing Chain

I broke a link chain with 6 links that broke in half. What I read here is that the pin is weak point but that is not what Failed on mine.

Was this the same chain T/A sells???
Thanks

"I broke a link chain with 6 links that broke in half. What I read here is that the pin is weak point but that is not what Failed on mine".

From the description of 6 links as per the above from spooledyou , it doesn't sound like it to me Kevin. I didn't count the link plates on mine before I installed it, but it appears the link style TA chain has 5 inside & 8 outside.

Here's a quote from Nick:
But here is what we do know. A double roller chain has only 3 links at the minimum, and 5 at the outside. The special link chain in their new billet gear set has 5 inside links, and 8 at the max.

FYI, I've been running the TA Link style chain / billet gears for the past few seasons with no issues. Mind you all the miles put on have only been on the street & not the track. But it sounds like this set up should hold up & gives the benefit of being able to use the tensioner vs a double roller chain.

If you're sitting on the fence, I'd say…….Go for it.

dave