THS rules discussion for 2013

Kip

Here is the chance for people to bring up what they want to see changed/updated for the 2013 race season.
Keep in mind I am not looking to change the class so much that we need a name change or anything, but rather keeping an open mind to the things that will help the class. With this being said please state the thinking behind a suggested rule change so people can see where you are coming from. As we enter the rules discussion something I would like to point out is that during 2012 we had a different winner and a different runner up at every race.

Take care, Kip

In order for me to run, I would need the single exhaust rule opened up to 4 inch. Really, what difference is there in a allowing a dual 3.5 or single 4? I am running a 3.5 downpipe.
Not that I would make any more then 1 or possibly 2 events. I have no cage so Columbus is def out.

Thanks

I am speaking for Ernie. We want no changes.
There was a good group of people and cars all year and I hope it keeps getting better.
We have already been changed to death in another class and have no place to race our other car.

Only change would be for the nonintercooled that since we don't have to run a/c we can have a a/c delete box on our cars.

Had a call asking about this today so I will attempt to clarify.

Jamie is asking since hot air cars are not required to run ac, but currently are required to run a stock heater box, if the rule could be changed to where a non ac box could be utilized but a delete plate would still be illegal.

I'd hate to see major changes to the class, currently it has seemed to be fairly competitive and the turnout is as good or better than any of the other classes. Since I only run at BG, I'll let the one's that run the class at multiple locations decide the direction of the class.

Pat

I would like to see Glass Hood Allowed. Other than that No Changes.

Lonnie, you planning on bringing the pain next year to the THS races? Can you state your thinking on how allowing a glass hood would help THS?

Thanks, Kip

Dont know about pain. I do hope to be better prepared so I can be more competitive. Tough class with many fast cars and good racers you got to be on your game. The glass hood might help participation. Some might be able to make use of the weight off the car and or off the front end. If your hood needs to be replaced as in my case there are nice replacements. More importantly I dont see how it would hurt. We have established weights that need to be met. Not saying you cant find a nice hood but not easy if you want slick paint work.

I guess I'll weigh in now I have been thinking about the proposed stuff.

Personally I think the non ac box being allowed for hot air car is logical.

I don't have an issue on fiberglass glass hoods as Lonnie said the total weights are the same.

The 4" exhaust I don't really have a problem with because its commercially available exits in the stock location and truthfully I don't think on a THS style car there will be a power advantage over 3.5"

Anybody else feel differently? There hasn't been much discussion so far.

Lonnie I heard that somebody is repopping steel hood's. Not sure if it is true tho.
The car has a fair steel hood and I own a Glass hood. Not that many bolts hold it on. I will just switch to steel for races if it comes down to that. I wont be buying a repro.

I guess I'll weigh in now I have been thinking about the proposed stuff.

Personally I think the non ac box being allowed for hot air car is logical.

I don't have an issue on fiberglass glass hoods as Lonnie said the total weights are the same.

The 4" exhaust I don't really have a problem with because its commercially available exits in the stock location and truthfully I don't think on a THS style car there will be a power advantage over 3.5"

Anybody else feel differently? There hasn't been much discussion so far.

I think the hot air cars can have what ever they want. NON- AC Box no problem with me. If DP is 3.5 I dont care the size of exhaust.

Im ok with the changes. I hate change and fight it all the time ,but if these changes are for the good of THS I say go for it. Lonnie brings up good points on the hood,only input I will add is we had covered this issue in the past and should be careful as this could open up other items such as trunk ect.ect. Just my opinion. The class seems to be just fine the way it is. Lets hear some more opinions.
DDay

I will race to help the car count. I was too slow to really be any threat :D. I will try to make even more events this year.(Working limits travel)

Im cool with the heat only box for the 84/85 non intercooled car. I think you do benefit from the cooling of E85, but your turbo choices are limited. In my eyes it balances things out. That car is no slouch though.

Glass hoods...If the car still makes weight...doesnt bother me. I do hope there is a way to scale the cars at the events cause our local tracks never have a working weight system.

4" single exhaust... only if it exits on the passenger side and you have to be in the right lane!! LOL Fine with me also as long as the DP is 3.5"