Three muffler system (choices)

c'mon it's an opinion based format. OP posts comment/question, and everyone interprets the post in their own way with free range to respond as they see fit. This is not a "fall in line soldier" type of forum.;)

I decided to use two Dynomax Ultra Flo welded round and
either one Dynomax Utra Flo Welded "X" (#17553) or Ultra Flo Cross Flo (#17231).
Any idea which one would be the quietest?(or other muffler?)
I'm trying to get my car as silent as possible. I currently have the Pypes dual and it's too loud...

If you re-read the OP's first post he is pretty specific on what info he was looking for. Not much to interpret. The only reason to post something against what he was looking for was to gain some some self satisfaction in posting useless and negative information for him, not to help him..

ks

If you re-read the OP's first post he is pretty specific on what info he was looking for. Not much to interpret. The only reason to post something against what he was looking for was to gain some some self satisfaction in posting useless and negative information for him, not to help him..

ks

LOL, it's good brother, I did not post anything against what he was looking for. I am not about to start an opinion pissing match with anyone. It's Friday, I'm in a good mood and I was just yanking yer chain!:D

LOL, it's good brother, I did not post anything against what he was looking for. I am not about to start an opinion pissing match with anyone. It's Friday, I'm in a good mood and I was just yanking yer chain!:D
:)

I decided to use two Dynomax Ultra Flo welded round and...

either one Dynomax Utra Flo Welded "X" (#17553) or Ultra Flo Cross Flo (#17231).
Any idea which one would be the quietest?(or other muffler?)
I'm trying to get my car as silent as possible.
I currently have the Pypes dual and it's too loud...
Here's some pictures of mine. I got Cotton's dual exhaust which came with Dynomax mufflers and had it modified for the 3rd muffler. I have Dynomax 17276 Absolutely no drone, and very quiet. As far as I'm concerned it can't be too quiet since I do alot of long distance driving. The back muffler is currently out of the car while I rebuild the rear end. I had Vbands put on so I could easily dissasemble it if I wanted to.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    96.2 KB · Views: 206
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    117.4 KB · Views: 212
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    113.7 KB · Views: 207
Ok, Converted my Pypes dual to a three muffler system yesterday. The problem I had with the two front muffler was space due to the lower control arm bracing and bar that reached to the upper control arm. Having said that, we did the Dynomax in the rear behind the differential in the factory location and two magnaflow 4" round. Fit was great. Well, the sound was better, but still is much too loud, but no drone. The main reason we used the Magnaflow was due to it was there ready to go...
So we next put a resonator in the cat location. very little difference. Today, we are removing the resonator and the two mufflers and removing the lower control arm additional brace(still have the welded in brace. Probably over kill anyway).
And putting in a few different mufflers. Going to try all Dynomax styles. (VT, Ultra Flo(like the rear muffler) and Super Turbo.) Spoke to Dynomax and they were little to no help.
Should be an interesting day.

Ok, Converted my Pypes dual to a three muffler system yesterday. The problem I had with the two front muffler was space due to the lower control arm bracing and bar that reached to the upper control arm. Having said that, we did the Dynomax in the rear behind the differential in the factory location and two magnaflow 4" round. Fit was great. Well, the sound was better, but still is much too loud, but no drone. The main reason we used the Magnaflow was due to it was there ready to go...
So we next put a resonator in the cat location. very little difference. Today, we are removing the resonator and the two mufflers and removing the lower control arm additional brace(still have the welded in brace. Probably over kill anyway).
And putting in a few different mufflers. Going to try all Dynomax styles. (VT, Ultra Flo(like the rear muffler) and Super Turbo.) Spoke to Dynomax and they were little to no help.

I wanted the quietest exhaust possible so I went a different route and used 1: 3inch Dynomax VT feeding a camaro style 3 inch 1 inlet 2 outlet Dynomax ultraflow and I am extremely happy with it. Here is the link to my thread and it includes a video.

http://www.turbobuick.com/forums/threads/whisper-quiet-exhaust.387399/

getdowngranny,
Nice set up. Exactly the sound I'm looking for. My 4.1 is all roller and thought it would be quiet, but the valve train is a little noisy. I hear this on a lot of buicks with roller rockers...

The good thing about the DynoMax VT mufflers is the sound guaranty, if you don't like it , send them back. That's what sold me on trying them.

Bryan

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

Here we go. I have setup several different mufflers in the car and have a final result for my taste. (Everyone seems to like something different)
Let me tell you the steps I went through:
1. started out with stock
2. Pypes and larger down pile when Nick installed the 4.1 stroker. It sounded mean, but turned out to be a little too loud for the passenger...
3. Had an all stainless resonator installed just after the down pipe (no fiberglass). I could hear the difference and the drone volume went down.
4. Moved forward with the three muffler system: Ultra Flo cross flow muffler in stock location and two Dynomax Ultra Flo. Sounded much quieter, but wanted to see if I could do more without flow restriction.
5. Spoke with Dynomax and they recommended the Ultra Flo X. They said it flows identical to the cross flow, but cancels sound better and has a larger chamber. So, I tried it. I could hear the difference between the two. Sounded even quieter.
6. I went home with the system and was ready to be done with it, but those DynoMax VT mufflers looked very interesting and saw them in action at the Good Guys auto show.
I had to try them!
7. Installed 2 Dynomax VT in place of the two Ultra flows. All I can Say is WOW!!!!! Bryan, good call on these. What a difference. you would not know the car is running except for hearing the valve train...
WOT is another story.
End result. Couldn't be happier. Flow is great and the Dynomax VT and Ultra Flo X are amazing and making this a sleeper.
ex1_zpsfd2ea3f9.jpg

Glad you like them.
As far as I know I was the first to use the Dynomax VT mufflers on a turbo Regal, I am very happy with the results.
Bryan

Amazing that the Dynomax VT are even quieter than the two Ultra flows. I don't know how mine could be any quieter since I can't here them over the fuel pump and valve train. Good Job!!

It would be interesting to see a dyno pull with that system compared to an open dump now..

ks

She should be dyno'd after The FAST system is installed by Nick. I don't have a baseline dyno though. The engine has about 100 miles on it so far.

One thing I forgot to be specific on. The Dynomax Ultra Flo were the round ones. I was going to try the regular Utlra Flo welded, but Dynomax tech and a couple others convinced me to jump straight to the VT. Dynomax said it I don't like it, I don't pay for it...