This is why you should always wear a helmet............

Oh shucks! There goes the bandwidth here too:biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:
arco.gif

Well my eye is open and the swelling seems to be going down. My wife put some Neosporin on the road rash and **** did that BUUURRRNNN!!! Although I've had worst burns as some of you may remember, Jalapeno...lol.

bloody2.jpg

Soon I'll be back to my handsome self...lol. Gotta keep it positive. ;)

prettyself.jpg

Well my eye is open and the swelling seems to be going down. My wife put some Neosporin on the road rash and **** did that BUUURRRNNN!!! Although I've had worst burns as some of you may remember, Jalapeno...lol.
Nelson you have got to stop posting pictures of yourself!!!! That does NOT look good man!! Keeps reminding me of my wreck in 2004... must be VERY painfull....

Get well buddy!

PS: Stay off the bikes and stick to videos Nelly !! :biggrin:

Nelson you have got to stop posting pictures of yourself!!!! That does NOT look good man!! Keeps reminding me of my wreck in 2004... must be VERY painfull....

Get well buddy!

PS: Stay off the bikes and stick to videos Nelly !! :biggrin:

SHHHHHHH We are all right clicking and saving:p :biggrin:

Nelson,

I am really sorry that happened to you man.
Thank God you did not hurt an eye worse or loose a couple teeth.

A cousin of mine had a bicycle accident when she was stationed in San Diego. She hit a VW door at about 15 mph, and that was over five years ago. She still has problems with her head and internals.

As for me, this is a definite wake up call! I have an electric scooter that I take to the GS Nationals for getting around. I do ride it around here on the sidewalks and sometimes across the streets. It will go at least 15 miles per hour, and I never wear a helmet. I have changed my mind on that in the last 20 minutes. I will definitely wear the helmet from now on.

I'm very sorry you got beaten up so badly, but on the upside, you have put the fear of the pavement into at least one of your fellow Buick owners!!!

Let us know how you are progressing, and future pictures would be good.

A cousin of mine had a bicycle accident when she was stationed in San Diego. She hit a VW door at about 15 mph, and that was over five years ago. She still has problems with her head and internals.

As for me, this is a definite wake up call! I have an electric scooter that I take to the GS Nationals for getting around. I do ride it around here on the sidewalks and sometimes across the streets. It will go at least 15 miles per hour, and I never wear a helmet. I have changed my mind on that in the last 20 minutes. I will definitely wear the helmet from now on.

I'm very sorry you got beaten up so badly, but on the upside, you have put the fear of the pavement into at least one of your fellow Buick owners!!!

Let us know how you are progressing, and future pictures would be good.

Thank you, your words mean a lot to me, and I'm glad I can help to prevent this from happening to someone else, even if it's just one person! I'm sorry to hear about your cousin and I wish her all the luck in the world on a full recovery. I couldn't agree with you more, I for one will never get on two wheels without a helmet ever again. Although I'm still here, it's by sheer luck, and it has taught me a very valuable lesson, safety first!!! Even though it's been three days, I'm still getting dizzy when I lay down so I have to go back to the hospital today for another cat-scan to make sure everything is okay. :(

I will keep everyone updated on my progress, Nelly. :)

NOOOO!!! Nelson, man be carefull on those things. Hope you feel better and I have to say, you've looked better! All jokes aside, I wish you well in your recovery. On a side note, you doing Kash's again this year?? If so, maybe we can get you a harness so as you don't get 'winded' hanging out of your sunroof on the highway........:eek: God Bless.........

Ken

NOOOO!!! Nelson, man be carefull on those things. Hope you feel better and I have to say, you've looked better! All jokes aside, I wish you well in your recovery. On a side note, you doing Kash's again this year?? If so, maybe we can get you a harness so as you don't get 'winded' hanging out of your sunroof on the highway........:eek: God Bless.........

Ken

Lol thanks for the laugh Ken, I agree, I've looked better, and I've felt better too! God has blessed me with a great wife whos been taking really good care of me! If Kash calls me I'll be there, and don't be surprised if I'm wearing a helmet at the BBQ...lol. Thanks for the well wishes buddy, Nelly. :)

I hope your wife or doctor gave you something to get that 'ugly' under control. That crap is all over your face mang.:biggrin: Wishing you a speedy recovery.

I hope your wife or doctor gave you something to get that 'ugly' under control. That crap is all over your face mang.:biggrin: Wishing you a speedy recovery.

Hey Nasty, I don't think they make anything yet to cure the ugly, but the scares should be gone in a couple of weeks...lol. Thanks brother, Nelly. :)

Holly Crap Nelson! That was a bad spill. Im glad that you are getting better.. We have these funny helmets at the station used on prisoners when they wanna bash the heads up.. U need one?..LOL:biggrin:

Hey Nelson!!! It's been a couple of weeks since you first posted that sad picture number 1. How about posting again and lets see how you are doing.

Is it true that beauty is only skin deep, but road rash goes to the bone??? (Ha, Ha, Ha)