This is why you should always wear a helmet............

GNflyby

The Video Guy
I've been motorizing bicycles lately and last night I went for a test and tune. I forgot to wear my helmet and at 30mph my rear tire blew, well these are the results, eight stitches over my eye, 6 stitches in my right pinky finger and road rash from head to toe. Looks like I won't be back on the road or making any videos for awhile, Nelly.

bloody.jpg

I've been motorizing bicycles lately and last night I went for a test and tune. I forgot to wear my helmet and at 30mph my rear tire blew, well these are the results, eight stitches over my eye, 6 stitches in my right pinky finger and road rash from head to toe. Looks like I won't be back on the road or making any videos for awhile, Nelly.

bloody.jpg

Im sorry dude but the look on your face is priceless :D , Looks like you got owned by your bicycle, or just tell us the truth about who you owed money too we all could have pulled to help you pay the debt and not have big guido come pay you a visit. hahahaha, on another note sorry for your misfortune, could have been worst.. take care, the road rash you will be feeling all day tomorrow, today it only stings but tomorrow, be prepared with a bottle of the strongest vicodin you got and some tequila to chase it with. ;)

Damn Nelson! :eek:

Just be glad your noggin wasn't more damaged. People die at 5mph.

Hate to say it, but you'll be feeling the road rash tomorrow.

Be careful bro.

OUCH!!! Glad you lived to tell the tale at least. 30MPH can kill you just as fast as 80MPH with the right knock on the head! I'm GLAD VA is a mandatory helmet state....I would be tempted to ride without one if it wasn't!

DUDE!!! WTF....

I was pretty taken back by that picture, Not sure if it was first all the scrapes & bruises OR the head SHAVED!!! :eek:

Get well soon my freind,

SW.

Ouch!! Glad I stuck with baseball cards and clothespins for noise

Damn dude!:eek:

You didn't happen to jump into a flock of GN guys all incognito and tell them that Mustangs were faster did you? ;)

Hope it heals fast.

Wow Nelson glad your ok banged up is waaaay better than dead or paralized in my book get well soon

Damn that sucks!

But you lived to tell the story, thats the important thing.

Get some rest and take it easy for a while.

Hope you get better soon.

-Dave

DAMN NELSON:eek:

That is terrible, I wish ya a speedy recovery bud:cool:

Main thing is you were availiable to take that picture.

Dang Nelly I haven't seen an eye like that since, well the last time I saw you! :eek:

Don't sweat it, it'll be gone in a couple of weeks (ask me how I know :p )

omg i hope you feel better soon just be glad thats all that happened and nothing worse. you will be better in no time. :)

Thank you all for the kind words. I think...lol. The worst part about it is I don't remember a thing! The doctor said I was lucky to be alive. Well this will give me enough time to thing of a video idea...lol. But trust me, lesson learned, I will never ride without a helmet again. Thanks all, Nelly.

P.S. I shaved my head before the accident, just too damn hot!!!

that's almost as bad as what my brother did a couple of years ago on the 4th of July.. on a pocket rocket.. on a gravel road.. after about 10 beers.. wearing flip flops, shorts, and no shirt..
he hit a little pothole at max speed (about 30 mph) and went for a wild ride. road rash on both arms, legs, back, and face. one of his teeth poked thru his lower lip which led to some pretty ugly stitches to hold his lip together. took the rest of the summer for him to start looking and feeling normal again.
and it only took about 2 hours from the time it happened to get to the ER 25 miles away, get fixed up, and get back to the party to continue drinking and jumping thru the bonfire.. he didn't feel any pain until the next day, and i've got a pic somewhere of him holding the blood spattered pocket rocket about 3 hours after it happened.