The soundtrack to many a freshly whipped buick ass

I know of a 68 Dodge Dart that might be able to give you some issues

540" aluminum Hemi how does 5.09@122 sound and one attempt at the 1/4 it was 8.97@143, without the lil blue bottle. I am not knocking your car by any means, but just remember, there is always someone out there with something much faster. Hell, why don't you call up John Force and start talking some $hit, I'm sure he'd be glad to race his Mustang :rolleyes:

initial thinking with your credit cards leads to future thinking with your... :redface: you know...

I think those that do not attend this event cant understand what it is they are reading here (ok, some). Nothing wrong with the Ford camp when at Noble - everybody gets along at the end of the day.

The smack talk is just part of it. Looking at this thread from the "outside" might be hard to pick up on it but this goes both ways in Noble.

Either participate and throw the smack talk back (Andrew likes it, really) accepting it for what it is or save yourself the stress and ignore it.

That said, I hope the Ford camp loses AGAIN. hehehe

Tom Tom Turbo said:

540" aluminum Hemi how does 5.09@122 sound and one attempt at the 1/4 it was 8.97@143, without the lil blue bottle. I am not knocking your car by any means, but just remember, there is always someone out there with something much faster. Hell, why don't you call up John Force and start talking some $hit, I'm sure he'd be glad to race his Mustang :rolleyes:

initial thinking with your credit cards leads to future thinking with your... :redface: you know...

I don't believe that 1/8th mile time for a second... now if you were to tell me 5.79 @ 122 I would buy that.

I think he'll need the bottle to hang. Two of them. Big ones!

Extranjeo - I don't plan on being anywhere near as slow as either of those numbers you posted up... I'm hoping for 60' times in the 1.1x's.

Bring it to Huntsville this weekend and find out how bad you really are..

A few boys from here in the south will show you a number or two.. ;)

Hmm, one of our local guys went 4.66 @ 156 on W's a few weeks ago in the heat in his Camaro, lol...

TurboTR

1ARUNEM said:
Bring it to Huntsville this weekend and find out how bad you really are..

A few boys from here in the south will show you a number or two.. ;)

A few? lol. I'd be lucky to qualify. Bump spot last year was what, a 4.73? Of course, the maiden voyage is this weekend, too. I'd like to run some 4.70's on a 31W tire. Maybe it'll happen.

TurboTR: Naiser?

Nice ride Andrew.

I'd say some are a little jealous. Hell, I'm jealous. :tongue:

Looking at your combo, power ain't gonna be the question; it's going straight and keeping the back end from driving around the front.

I'm trying to finish up a peanut 347 CID with a 101mm turbo. I don't have your chassis work. I'm hoping to ease into it and eventually get it to go 8.30's, and anything faster than that will be gravy. With a YS-Trim and a similar motor combo, I went 9.11 @ 154 MPH. Like you, I don't think HP will any longer be an issue.

BTW, I'm waiting for somebody on this board to throw their "friend" at you who runs, what, 6'.50s? :rolleyes:
Been there, done that.

Are you going to the World Street Nationals this month, or Fun For Weekend in March?

you can believe and say what you want to...but all of this trash talking back and forth between everyone is useless.

so prove all of us wrong with some nice sub-5 second times, but until then....

Attachments

• youre_cool.jpg
    youre_cool.jpg
    26.3 KB · Views: 366
I can't believe you GN guys are getting upset over a little bench racing!

I thought that's what you guys lived for...you know...because that's what you do. :biggrin:

Andrew's just one loss you guys are going to have to accept at the shootout. Myself...I'll be in the thick of things, probably high 10's.

Little white 85 Mustang with a really big hood. :cool: See you guys out there.

;)

vettklr said:
Andrew's just one loss you guys are going to have to accept at the shootout.

This is a bold statement and quite honestly one that could come back to bite you or Andrew in the ass!!! There are some low 8 and possibly high 7 second Buicks that will possibly show up at this shootout and remember the faster car doesn't always win the race..... Case in point:

Dan Millen against White Racing.....

http://www.stenodracing.com/milan/July/Millen_vs_White.wmv

Had the White Racing car not gotten loose and hit the wall Mr. Millen's day would've gotten focked up by a little 272ci V6!!!

I'm a realist and understand that a V8 with a turbo will in most cases be faster than a V6 car (all things being equal it better be!) but there is always exceptions to the rule and I tell ya what if I had a V8 I wouldn't be bragging about beating a V6... FWIW I think Andrew's car is badass and I'm sure it will be a VERY fast car especially considering the Petty built motor! :cool:

Tom Tom Turbo said:

I'll vouch for the1/8th mile times OFF the bottle because.... well I was there! No nitrous bottles, no blower, no turbo. It's an all motor bada$$ car. Sure, it's a full all out race car tubbed and stripped, but so is yours. How about you come to Charleston, IL some weekend for a race since you're so confident you'll win? Coles County Dragway. Jim's there every raceday. Pick on someone your own size.

ShouldofhadaV-8 said:
Nice ride Andrew.

I'd say some are a little jealous. Hell, I'm jealous. :tongue:

Looking at your combo, power ain't gonna be the question; it's going straight and keeping the back end from driving around the front.

I'm trying to finish up a peanut 347 CID with a 101mm turbo. I don't have your chassis work. I'm hoping to ease into it and eventually get it to go 8.30's, and anything faster than that will be gravy. With a YS-Trim and a similar motor combo, I went 9.11 @ 154 MPH. Like you, I don't think HP will any longer be an issue.

BTW, I'm waiting for somebody on this board to throw their "friend" at you who runs, what, 6'.50s? :rolleyes:
Been there, done that.

Are you going to the World Street Nationals this month, or Fun For Weekend in March?

Thanks man! I had a similar setup to whta you're getting rid of... Mine was a 348 with a YS-trim @ 21 psi with a vortech igloo and ported twisted wedge heads. Transmission was a powerglide. Here is my fastest time with it (coincidentally, it came while beating a buick at the ford/buick race two years ago! lol) The other guy left before the tree was activated... I think I still ran him down.

andrew909.jpg

I might head up for FFW but we'll have to see. I'll be busy enough trying to get my car ready for ford/buick!

TurboTR: I don't have anything for Stocklin yet. He qualified 2nd at the houston $20k to win race, right? I'll get to line up against him before too long at the KOTH races. I think that a 4.7 is the fastest I can run on these tires, and a 33 10.5W isn't going to fit without a LOT of work and some new wheeltubs. Maybe I can catch him sleeping!

This ok for 10 psi, no timing and only 6500 rpm (yeah I know it says 7500, it's wrong, verified by my datalogger)?

andrew_10_8_05.jpg

FYI... 10.5 record in the 1/8th is now a 4.49 at 161mph... By Terry Robbins this weekend in Huntsville. 10.5W in a 3000lb car..

Limited Street record (Real 10.5 with no wheelie bars at 3000lb) is now 4.83..

Think you can play? ;)

1ARUNEM said:
FYI... 10.5 record in the 1/8th is now a 4.49 at 161mph... By Terry Robbins this weekend in Huntsville. 10.5W in a 3000lb car..

Limited Street record (Real 10.5 with no wheelie bars at 3000lb) is now 4.83..

Think you can play? ;)
Good god! :eek: That is absolutely flying.... what kind of a car is it? Got any links? :)