The soundtrack to many a freshly whipped buick ass

crap talking ragstain owners

86brick said:
This is a bold statement and quite honestly one that could come back to bite you or Andrew in the ass!!! There are some low 8 and possibly high 7 second Buicks that will possibly show up at this shootout and remember the faster car doesn't always win the race..... Case in point:

Dan Millen against White Racing.....

http://www.stenodracing.com/milan/July/Millen_vs_White.wmv

Had the White Racing car not gotten loose and hit the wall Mr. Millen's day would've gotten focked up by a little 272ci V6!!!

I'm a realist and understand that a V8 with a turbo will in most cases be faster than a V6 car (all things being equal it better be!) but there is always exceptions to the rule and I tell ya what if I had a V8 I wouldn't be bragging about beating a V6... FWIW I think Andrew's car is badass and I'm sure it will be a VERY fast car especially considering the Petty built motor! :cool:

well I am not a fan of a dsm but check out this buschur racing big slam displacement I like the thing that the v6 turbos can do & have done. I also love the way mustangs sound. I dont know what makes them sound so good but they do. I love the 03 cobras & the gt 500 of the 60's but if you want to make the argument bigger is better then that andrew v8 running 7's is fast as hell but come on 4 bangers are doing it. Top fuel, funny cars running 4's now that is faaaast :biggrin:

Terry Robbin's Outlaw 10.5 car is a silver 4th gen Camaro (BBC/N20 power) and Darrin Hoyle's LS true 10.5 car that ran 4.83 is a red 1st gen Camaro (again BBC/N20 power)...

What's so funny about this. Terry and a lot of other 10.5 guys could have qualified very well in the pro mod class weighing 3000lbs on 10.5W's. If I had a pro mod I would have been embarrased.

Dusty Bradford said:
What's so funny about this. Terry and a lot of other 10.5 guys could have qualified very well in the pro mod class weighing 3000lbs on 10.5W's. If I had a pro mod I would have been embarrased.

Wow that is pretty sad...

1ARUNEM said:
FYI... 10.5 record in the 1/8th is now a 4.49 at 161mph... By Terry Robbins this weekend in Huntsville. 10.5W in a 3000lb car..

Limited Street record (Real 10.5 with no wheelie bars at 3000lb) is now 4.83..

Think you can play? ;)

I think I have a shot at the 4.8's on a TT5 with wheelie bars (i.e. TTT5 rules). No way I'm going anywhere close to Robbins on a W.

Hell, if I can go a round or two here and there I'll be happy. I don't have the bucks to compete with those guys.

FWIW, here's a vid from last weekend: http://www.yerot.com/~aweil/movies/Andrew_Dyno.mpeg

Andrew91GT said:
I think I have a shot at the 4.8's on a TT5 with wheelie bars (i.e. TTT5 rules).

Don't you mean "sissy" bars?? :tongue: :biggrin:

Seriously though 4.8's would be pretty stout... I'm sure you know Mr. Wolfe has been 4.86 @154mph in Texas true 10.5 trim...

86brick said:
Don't you mean "sissy" bars?? :tongue: :biggrin:

Seriously though 4.8's would be pretty stout... I'm sure you know Mr. Wolfe has been 4.86 @154mph in Texas true 10.5 trim...

I'm trying to be a little optimistic here. I think I've got all the stuff to run those times.... now the trick will be figuring out the tuneup and suspension!

I'd like to think that I can give Wolfe a good run here in TTT5. We'll see whether it happens or not.

Hey Andrew. A few questions since I'm venturing down the same road but a little less radical.

What size downpipe are you running? Single, or branches into duals?

25.*C chassis? Mild steel or chromemoly?

Can you run "W" sized tires in the event? I'm not going, but I just figure if you are allowed to run that big of tire, you should do some damage.

ShouldofhadaV-8 said:
Hey Andrew. A few questions since I'm venturing down the same road but a little less radical.

What size downpipe are you running? Single, or branches into duals?

25.*C chassis? Mild steel or chromemoly?

Can you run "W" sized tires in the event? I'm not going, but I just figure if you are allowed to run that big of tire, you should do some damage.

I have a single 5" downpipe. The chassis is a 25.5 chassis, chromemoly except for the bars in the floor.

You can run whatever tire you want at the ford/buick event.

Andrew91GT said:
I have a single 5" downpipe. The chassis is a 25.5 chassis, chromemoly except for the bars in the floor.

You can run whatever tire you want at the ford/buick event.

Too bad you're not ready for Orlando this weekend.

TT/A1233 said:
Sounds like Andy needs to hop off his high horse and have a slice of humble pie. Humility is a sign of maturity for those who have been blessed or lucky enough to do well in life.

That said, if he thinks there aren't any turbo Buicks out there that'd stomp on him in the 1/4 (not 1/8 minor league stuff) better think twice.

CLICK ME

CLICK ME

CLICK ME

CLICK ME and watch one coast to an 8 sec 1/4 mile

Adios.....

You're not very good at math are you... a turbo car will tend to have a multiplier of 1.53 or so from the 1/8th mile to the quarter mile (not always true, but pretty close). That would put the fastest car you posted up, a 7.90 at close to a 5.16 1/8th mile. I'm talking about running in the 4.7's in the 1/8th (I'll let you do the math to figure out ballpark 1/4 mile times from that) which would be more than just a bit quicker than any of the cars in the videos you posted up. Don't get me wrong, they're nice cars and fast, but not in the same ballpark.

Andrew91GT said:
You're not very good at math are you... a turbo car will tend to have a multiplier of 1.53 or so from the 1/8th mile to the quarter mile (not always true, but pretty close). That would put the fastest car you posted up, a 7.90 at close to a 5.16 1/8th mile. I'm talking about running in the 4.7's in the 1/8th (I'll let you do the math to figure out ballpark 1/4 mile times from that) which would be more than just a bit quicker than any of the cars in the videos you posted up. Don't get me wrong, they're nice cars and fast, but not in the same ballpark.
You TEND to assume an awful lot about me and math. Sorry, I don't buy your theory on it's face. A car is tuned and geared to run as fast/quick as it can in a specific distance and that doesn't always equate to a perfect, finite number when doubling or tripling. There's a bit more involved such as aerodynamics/wind resistance and the human element.

Your key and operative words in your above quote are:

TEND

NOT ALWAYS TRUE

BALLPARK

Your quantitative bench racing is telling of a serious insecurity issue.

Bye now.

TT/A1233 said:
You TEND to assume an awful lot about me and math. Sorry, I don't buy your theory on it's face. A car is tuned and geared to run as fast/quick as it can in a specific distance and that doesn't always equate to a perfect, finite number when doubling or tripling. There's a bit more involved such as aerodynamics/wind resistance and the human element.

Your key and operative words in your above quote are:

TEND

NOT ALWAYS TRUE

BALLPARK

Your quantitative bench racing is telling of a serious insecurity issue.

Bye now.

LOL!

I just talked to Turbosam he says its official Andrew has the fastest car on the planet,I'll get some more info as soon as they get back from their honeymoon.

whipped or wiped??

Could you guys that think a less aero car with 2 less cylinders and less CI is going to be faster all the time(both cars being full on drag,both turbo'd,and bth running at the top of there game),PLEASE TELL ME WHAT YOURE SMOKING SO I CAN BUY ME SOME!!!:D

I eat,breath,and sleep GN's like most of you but lets be honest with ourselves here....

Nice Stang,gonna be a hanful on those teeny tires. :cool:

nisnutz said:
I just talked to Turbosam he says its official Andrew has the fastest car on the planet,I'll get some more info as soon as they get back from their honeymoon.

What are you, 13? You sound more like an immature child every time you post. Its called reality, and as Broke1 just pointed out, the car is gonna be faster for obvious reasons. Deal with it.

And stop bringing my name up, you don't know me and and don't know you. Give up on the insults, I don't want to battle wits with someone who is ill equipped.

NisNutz is clearly envious. More of "I have a friend," or, "I know somebody" garbage. How come everybody either knows somebody, knows of somebody, or has a friend, but they almost always have nothing themselves?

The guy (Andrew) simply came on here to stir the pot and have a little fun for the upcoming meet that at least he's going to be a participant in. Plain and simple, 420 inches with a 106 is a big enough gun to eliminate alot of what's out there, whether it be a Ford, Buick or whatever.

I'm just sick of the race my (whatever), but its never race my car.

BTW, at the Orlando event, a guy went 6.96 on 10.5W's. If Andrew is running those tires or bigger, he has hope to run whatever he's looking to.

The guy who built my motor ran 6.97.... Another guy there with a motor that they built went 7.0... another guy with a motor they built went 7.1...

But I guess all these 7.90 buick passes are going to be too much for me and I should just stay home.