Question about A-Pillar gauge pod?

V6-Sauce

I'm getting rid of the console gauge pod for my boost and water gauge. I'd like to put a single A-Pillar gauge pod for my boost gauge so I can see the boost without taking my eyes off the road. I have a scanmaster, So dont really need the water gauge. the gauge pod is from kirbans.

Question, How to hide the boost gauge wires...what's the cleanse way to put the wire's, take off the side trim by the door?

Get the 2 or 3 gauge pod that mounts to the right of the dash pod between it and tha A/C vent. Much cleaner. Why are u looking at it after the setup/tune is done anyway? If you are worried about overboost, get an adjustable Hobbs switch and a pro lite. Or buy a better wastegate.
JMHO
TIMINATOR

I removed the side molding by the door edge and slide the wires down and near the emergency brake pedal, and then underneath the dashboard.
As you can see I installed a three pods, oil pressure gauge, vac/boost gauge, and wideband gauge. All three gauges are AutoMeter
I also made a bracket to place the Scanmaster on the rear view mirror so I can see the numbers without looking down or away from the front view driving.

Attachments

• ScanMaster in Green color1.jpg
    ScanMaster in Green color1.jpg
    658.5 KB · Views: 43
  • Copy of Picture 221 - Copy.jpg
    Copy of Picture 221 - Copy.jpg
    3.3 MB · Views: 36
  • Copy of Picture 229 - Copy.jpg
    Copy of Picture 229 - Copy.jpg
    3.8 MB · Views: 29
  • Copy of Picture 230 - Copy.jpg
    Copy of Picture 230 - Copy.jpg
    3.1 MB · Views: 30
  • Copy of Picture 238 - Copy.jpg
    Copy of Picture 238 - Copy.jpg
    5.2 MB · Views: 31
  • Copy of Picture 243 - Copy.jpg
    Copy of Picture 243 - Copy.jpg
    3.3 MB · Views: 30
  • Copy of Picture 245 - Copy.jpg
    Copy of Picture 245 - Copy.jpg
    3.9 MB · Views: 33
Get the 2 or 3 gauge pod that mounts to the right of the dash pod between it and tha A/C vent. Much cleaner. Why are u looking at it after the setup/tune is done anyway? If you are worried about overboost, get an adjustable Hobbs switch and a pro lite. Or buy a better wastegate.
JMHO
TIMINATOR
I'm only at 17, but I'm thinking about putting an alkycontrol in the future,And rising it 20. And I can even drill alittle in the pod for red/green light= go.

I removed the side molding by the door edge and slide the wires down and near the emergency brake pedal, and then underneath the dashboard.
As you can see I installed a three pods, oil pressure gauge, vac/boost gauge, and wideband gauge. All three gauges are AutoMeter
I also made a bracket to place the Scanmaster on the rear view mirror so I can see the numbers without looking down or away from the front view driving.
Nice bracket, mine is holded with white velcro so it dont stain the interior, it's ok. Thx for info, ok I have to remove the trim and snake the wires so it looks clean, and you can't tell. appreciate it. I already got the single, new old stock from kirbans on ebay. yeah, I'm up there in Canada so it was like half the price. The singles nice, all I need. My fuel gauge is under the hood & can always test fuel rising with boost taping it to the windsheild , If I have check. thank u

Can you elaborate more on how you made that bracket for the scanmaster.

Can you elaborate more on how you made that bracket for the scanmaster.
I did this many years ago can't find where I got the connectors, but you can do some search of the wire connectors that I posted showing the size equal to a dime. Being I don't have a welding machine I tap and bolted the 3/4 split collar (use a Vernier caliper just to make sure), onto the 90 degree flat steel bracket that I got in Home Depot. I hope this help give you some ideas and if not PM me if run into some problem.

Attachments

• Copy of Picture 230.jpg
    Copy of Picture 230.jpg
    3.1 MB · Views: 24
  • Copy of Picture 229 - Copy.jpg
    Copy of Picture 229 - Copy.jpg
    3.8 MB · Views: 21
  • Copy of Picture 226.jpg
    Copy of Picture 226.jpg
    3.7 MB · Views: 18
  • Copy of Picture 223.jpg
    Copy of Picture 223.jpg
    801.6 KB · Views: 15
  • Copy of Picture 221 - Copy.jpg
    Copy of Picture 221 - Copy.jpg
    3.3 MB · Views: 15
  • Copy of Picture 195.jpg
    Copy of Picture 195.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 16
  • Copy of Picture 185.jpg
    Copy of Picture 185.jpg
    3.9 MB · Views: 14
  • Copy of Picture 184.jpg
    Copy of Picture 184.jpg
    4.5 MB · Views: 12
  • Copy of Picture 183.jpg
    Copy of Picture 183.jpg
    3.6 MB · Views: 11
  • Copy of Picture 181.jpg
    Copy of Picture 181.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 12
The wires for the gauges on the A-Pillar will conveniently tuck in behind the pod holder. Run them down in behind the kick panel as described by GNONYX.

I made a "Pod Clip" to hold the Scanmaster that slips on over the Instrument Cluster Surround and the wires tucked in behind going to the ALDL Port. You can place the Pod Clip anywhere along the Surround. Easy install, just remove the gauge cover bezel & 6 screws holding the Instrument cluster surround and clip on. I made a couple of these up in 18 gauge steel. Next ones will be in Stainless Steel + I'll change the LOGO
to T-Type. :cool: The logo looks upside down but its correct when viewed from outside looking through the windshield.

Scanmaster Pod Installed.jpgScanmaster Pod.jpgScanmaster Wire Routing.JPGSM Pod Clip Back View.jpgSM Pod Clip Bottom View.jpgSM Pod Clip Installed.jpgSM Pod Clip Side View Installed.jpgSM Pod Clip Side View.jpgSM Pod Clip Top View.jpg

Last edited:
I put my scanmaster on the radio ledge and put my boost gauge above it with a GNS tack bracket. I put my oil pressure guauge on the A pillar as it is the only one not displayed with scanmaster. My driver says she can see boost,scan and alky light easy.

Attachments

• IMG_3077.JPG
    IMG_3077.JPG
    3.7 MB · Views: 21
  • kev 11 035.JPG
    kev 11 035.JPG
    1.6 MB · Views: 30
Some how back on Nov. 2012 , when I posted the original article all of the pictures got eliminated when this forum got regenerated

Marks set up was my second choice and move the boost gauge up where he has the tach. Its all in the sweep of the eye.