The Ricer returns: It's been a while...(Pics included)

Fireplug said:
Some of you may remember me from about a year ago when I posted pictures of my 240sx and it's mods. People didn't believe the #'s I was predicting..didn't believe the hp I was saying I would have....here's the results, please check out my thread in Member rides.

500whp @ only 21 psi.

http://www.turbobuick.com/forums/showthread.php?p=1195526#post1195526
Rice can look appealing but it's still rice....sorry to break the news. Don't take it personally. What are your TQ numbers?

TT/A1233 said:
Rice can look appealing but it's still rice....sorry to break the news. Don't take it personally. What are your TQ numbers?

It's really not breaking news and I'm glad you find the car appealing. Nothing has really been done to the body at all. :) It's just my daily driven street car that has 10 second potential at only 18 psi. (on a turbo that's good to 35-38 psi) Torque's at 397ft/lbs.

I dont think its rice at all... Im not sure how anyone can call that "rice" or a "ricer". Maybe the windshield banner? :confused:

Good lookin car man... keep up the good work. :cool:

Nice build, and props for keeping it clean. How many street miles have you put on it since? I built my cars a while back and drive em every day too, but i got sick of cleaning so much and uninsured drivers crunching body panels.

When I was 16 I helped a friend take a silvia front clip and put all the components of the SR20 into his 91 s13. It was one of my favorite cars to run around in back in the day. Once we put the lim. slip from an infiniti in it it hooked up pretty hard, 6 puck clutch and stuff parallels your build in several ways.

I think when we were done he had around 2G invested in the swap.

I worked on a few KA24s as well, but never under boost. I did all the custom body work on another friends S14, turned out really nice. I convinced him to get a LC2 turbo v6 for it, but he never bought a transmission to go along with it before giving up on the project and giving me the engine. Maybe ill do a swap into a 240 one day, sure would be nice...

TT/A1233 said:

No, it's an import. That's like calling the local stock-appearing, street-driven 9-sec Supra rice... just doesn't fit.

I think it is very nicely done! I bet you'll suprise alot of people. Get that thing hooked up and you'll see 10's with that mph. Nice job ;)

My friend is getting involved with swapping over an imported japan-spec motor, and I must say that I am impressed with the thing so far. he had a 240 and was planning a similar swap until he wrecked the car. Hes doing a fwd with the imported motor, and right now its NA, but the hard part hes running into is fabbing the turbo setup for it (trying to do it all cheaply).
Very clean looking ride. Thats not rice in my book either. Always did like my friends 240, nice looking car to start with!