the pumpkin is back

Glad to see you aint skeered to turn it up. I recommend throwing it on a Mustang dyno and tune it there. I did some pulls on one and found my tune was within 2% on the dyno vs. the track so with that said there is a worthwhile investment in the tuning department for you if you put yours on one.

You just have to beat 808RWHP at 31#'s and you got me beat!!! (On the dyno that is) :biggrin:

Hope to see it out at Columbus....

Not sure how to break this to you Ted but had jack left his leg in it he would of gone 158 mph and that is 1000.1 hp at the crank. So it looks like he is making wayyyy more power than you, and at only 24# of boost like i said before when he turns it up to 30# it will run 8.20 -8.30 with a good 60ft

Not sure how to break this to you Ted but had jack left his leg in it he would of gone 158 mph and that is 1000.1 hp at the crank. So it looks like he is making wayyyy more power than you, and at only 24# of boost like i said before when he turns it up to 30# it will run 8.20 -8.30 with a good 60ft

I agree 100%, you take 125+ in the 660, he should be pulling 33 out the back with the PTC converter, that's moving. I think he's got something figured out and on the right track. That billet 88 compressor wheel really likes boost so hopefully he brings it out to Columbus, turns it up and puts me on the trailer, it shouldn't be hard for him with all that's left in the car. :eek:

I agree 100%, you take 125+ in the 660, he should be pulling 33 out the back with the PTC converter, that's moving. I think he's got something figured out and on the right track. That billet 88 compressor wheel really likes boost so hopefully he brings it out to Columbus, turns it up and puts me on the trailer, it shouldn't be hard for him with all that's left in the car. :eek:

Ted,

Im not sure if jacks car would be legal for TSO I asked him about the turbo but he has not answered the post. At the power it makes at 24# i got a feeling it may be illegal for TSO. If it is a legal turbo and since you have not bought a new turbo yet Ted, you may want to call Turbonetics and see if you can get one since I dont think jack would sell you one ;)

Thanks again Cheeseburger, Steve. It feels good. Kinda funny though reading all the rest of the "stuff".. The simple congrats on getting back out is sufficient. I'm looking forward to havin some fun and running Q 16. No BS and I know my car fits the class...

Congrats on getting it back right Jack! You know my son will always be pulling for da pumpkin:biggrin:

Jack we all know what it costs to build & to keep these cars running, just take it easy & play it safe to keep it running.;) peer presure can be a bitch.

Ted,

Im not sure if jacks car would be legal for TSO I asked him about the turbo but he has not answered the post. At the power it makes at 24# i got a feeling it may be illegal for TSO. If it is a legal turbo and since you have not bought a new turbo yet Ted, you may want to call Turbonetics and see if you can get one since I dont think jack would sell you one ;)

I'd be interested too. The thread starter stated it ran 8's at 20#, he seen the data himself, so that thing really moves air at low boost... Impressive to say the least. If it's a Turbonetics (CPT) turbo then they might have finally stepped up and put together a badd azzz TSO turbo. I might have to make some calls and see what Turbonetics can do for me....... :cool:

Really guys... Think shoe on other foot...

Shane I see your point but..... The potential that jacks turbo is showing at low boost has the TSO guys scrambling to figure out what size turbonetics turbo it is. Even if its not TSO legal, I do a lot of outlaw 1/8 mile racing and this turbo makes more power at 24# of boost than my car Dave F. Ted A. and Chris L. car's do wayyyy more. We know its not do to the motor because its the same builder as myself and Dave Fiscus. Speaking of the engine builder I Would like to the first to send congrats to him for one NASTY bullet.
So Guess my Question is what is this bad boy Huffer

I'll take that for now.. :) I'll work on getting it up to 30lbs :), just need to get some data. Didn't get a recording on that last run..... just know where the boost controller was set.

the pumpkin is back
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
congrat to jack and brian cotton on some high 8 sec shakedown runs with only 20# boost seen on the data logger with my own eyes.

Jack,
Before I do any more research on your turbo I just want to be sure the boost was infact low like you and paul mentioned But looking at these two posts Im confused :confused: what 8 sec Log was paul reffering to that he saw 20# did you make more than one 8 sec pass ?

Hey ,Jack great to see your getting things smoothed out .Good luck with everything !Hope to see you soon

Tony, I will address you against my better judgement.... MOVE ON... you know what turbo I have on the car, you know what boost I ran, there is nothing mysterious here. I have no plans to run TSO, you and the rest of the guys here know it. This is not a TSO thread ..... RPE built my motor as he has always built it and everyone here knows that. I have accomplished nothing with my car except to make it down the track. When and if I accomplish something worthwhile I will do the proper thing and thank the parties involved that made it happen. thank you. The drama ends.... Paul saw my boost controller setting and the first part of my log, stop trying to twist everything.

Good job Jack. Nice too see you doing your own thing at your own pace.

Take care, Kip

I'm always amazed at all the BIG talk from the SMALL minds. Don't tell anyone anything about any about any special parts. The way they talk, they should be SMART enough to KNOW what you have :wink: Guess some people got nothing better to do :rolleyes:

Congrats Jack, No matter what people say you are a heavy hitter here and everybody knows it! Great to see you are getting back to the track, after all isn't that what its all about?

Tony, I will address you against my better judgement.... MOVE ON... you know what turbo I have on the car, you know what boost I ran, there is nothing mysterious here. I have no plans to run TSO, you and the rest of the guys here know it. This is not a TSO thread ..... RPE built my motor as he has always built it and everyone here knows that. I have accomplished nothing with my car except to make it down the track.

Jack,

last time out with the car you ran 8.90 with 29#'s of boost and now you run 8.90 in 90 degree heat at 24#'s of boost, what changed? My car will not run the numbers you ran with 24#'s of boost. I understand the circumstances of you not running TSO its not for the lighthearted. But I do run and compete in TSO so again what turbo do you have, that you picked up 5 pounds of boost with not to mention on the brakes. I know RPE built your motor, but since you havent mention any changes in the motor one is to Assume the extra power comes from the Turbo, see my point? So can you tell us the specs on it, brand, size t4 or t5 flange bb or journal water cooled center section? Also what converter you run to be able to spool and lock it down tight. I now understand the confusion about the logs and setting up the internal logger was a pain for me also. Oh and finally I did forget to give you a simple congrats for getting down the track way to get it done big time :D