The price of gas where you live

I've seen 1.78 for 87 octane, but it's creeping back up to 2.00 , 2.09. Not really paying attention to 93 octane because my car is in hibernation. Work car gets the cheap stuff.

Okay I'm no math wiz but after converting liters to gallons then the exchange rate I've come up with around $4.50 a gallon on the west coast of Canada.

I know a lady that owns a gas station/food store and I asked her how gas prices effected her business. She said when gas is high she needs to sell it at about 1 cent over cost or at cost per gallon to get customers in the store in the hopes that they buy something. She said now with the low prices she does much better because she can mark it up 10 to 15 cents per gallon and the customer is happy to pay it.

Paid $1.81 in Indiana last week. Still over $2.00 in the great state of Illinois but I'll take it! :)

The prices are going back up here in Ohio. If i couldn't manage a store and make a profit without having to jack around with gas prices then i would probably quit selling gas or just close the store. I'm glad i get to choose how much i drive and it's usually less than 60 miles a month in my runabout 4 cyl.

Regular $1.87

Premium 93 $2.11

$1.72 @ Woodman's here in Carpentersville, IL. About 50 miles west of Chicago. Always a line to get in the place. Nice thing is their pumps are open 24 hours.

Back down below a $1.50 here in the cornfields of west central Indiana. That is about the only good thing here! Corn/bean fields and basketball goals!