The price of gas where you live

2.09 per gallon for reg here in suburbs of st. Louis

Wow ! $2.09 thats crazy ! Let us know if it breaks the $2.00 mark that will be incredible.
In ma. we are still in the $2.60 + range.

Here is what i am afraid of :
It gets even cheaper, both the feds + the states see an opportunity to jack up the gas taxes signifigantly,meanwhile the gas itself has gotten so cheap some of the refineries close up or slow way down because it costs more to refine it then they can sell it for, which then causes the price to rise, add to that any other unforeseen causes that can add to an inevitable rise in future prices , now as the prices rise again it is burdened with all the new taxes that were added when it was so cheap , so the next go-round of "Oil Shortages " or Supply/Demand issues could make for very high prices,because once those taxes are added they are almost never taken back off.
Their is already rumblings about adding these new taxes now.
Just a prediction, hope i'm wrong, I will definetly enjoy it while it lasts (hopefully a long time) :)

Last edited:
Yup, the Saudi's driving down the cost of oil to put the other suppliers out because nobody can compete with them. Then they raise prices to even higher then they last were :rolleyes:. Like you said, enjoy it while it lasts..

You guys down south are lucky with these prices. We are still ~$2.85 in PA (philly area)

1987 White Turbo T - TE60 w/ Alky
12.1@113 on street tires

Yup, the Saudi's driving down the cost of oil to put the other suppliers out because nobody can compete with them. Then they raise prices to even higher then they last were :rolleyes:. Like you said, enjoy it while it lasts..

Yep. They are losing their asses right now in hopes to put the US out of business. If their risk works, expect high prices to return this summer.

$2.49 in Miami is the lowest I have seen in my area and that was in a Walmart.

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

While the price of gas is going down, so is the stock market. Lower cost may help us right now but I'm beginning to wonder if this is going to be the start of the next downfall.

While the price of gas is going down, so is the stock market. Lower cost may help us right now but I'm beginning to wonder if this is going to be the start of the next downfall.

It drives down some stocks but other sectors benefit so oil prices are not directly correlated to what the market does. Energy is getting crushed but retail is greatly benefiting from the immediately available extra discretionary income.

I'ld hardly call 18,804 going "down"!