The Numbers Game with the (SPI) Trunk ID Label - Kirban

kirban 2 cents worth

contest update....

just now need one person to put all 8 correct answers in the same post. Currently 6 correct ones are floating among the posts...the ONLY TWO lacking is the 3rd car. Year and make.

First person to get all 8 correct in the same post is a winner.

kirbanperformance.com

denniskirban@yahoo.com

Just got back from Chryslers at Carlisle....HUGE EVENT...never seen so many big winged Mopars in one place....or rbably 2 dozen red wagons....dozen prowlers....
lots of the high dollar hemi cars GTXs RR factory race cars.

Saw Don Garlits his number #1 Challenger was there also.

I'll help some one out.

The third car is a 1955 Ford Crown Vic. I can tell that it's a '55 or '56 Ford by the clear dash over the speedo, I had one.

Now, someone besides me or MrAMC win something! Good luck!!!!!!!!!!

PS- I think the car in the reflection of the third car is a '56 Chevy wagon.

kirban 2 cents worth

Mr Le Sabre you are rite the 3rd car is indeed a 1955 ford...I had a 56 crown vic 55 had the clear bubble dash cluster as seen in the photo and the 1956 did not.

All 8 answers are out there now....

Wish we had more players but what the heck someone should step up...afterall prize is something no one has won yet.

kirbanperformance.com

1937 Ford (thanks sixbanger)
1950 Ford (thanks sixbanger)
1955 Crown Victoria (my old man has one, Blk/Wht glass top)
screws are from the armrest (always look dirty)
Pressure switch connector at Powermaster

1937 Ford
1950 Ford
1955 Crown Victoria
screws are from the armrest
connector is T.P.S. or Map sensor

1937 Ford (thanks sixbanger)
1950 Ford (thanks sixbanger)
1955 Crown Victoria (my old man has one, Blk/Wht glass top)
screws are from the armrest (always look dirty)
Pressure switch connector at Powermaster

kirban 2 cents worth

BINGO WINNER

Send pm with your full name & address..

congrads!

kirban 2 cents worth

Another kirban quick Automotive History lesson.

When Toyota first introduced the Solara model (1999?) Molly Designs did a ground effects that could be ordered when the car was new. For a period of time his emblem appeared on those models. Later ones had the TRD emblem. Same basic size emblem. Molly later designed his own emblem to reflect his work in the automotive industry called the M-Type. Finding original Molly Designs emblems in the Toyota parts system today is as difficult as finding the Buick V6 emblems we showed earlier.

Emblems shown are from my private collection.

New trivia contest coming soon not sure if it will be yet tonite or tomorrow Monday.

kirbanperformance.com

Attachments

• Molly Toyota Emblem.jpg
    Molly Toyota Emblem.jpg
    44.7 KB · Views: 144
kirban 2 cents worth

Thanks to Mr AMC for posting for me. New contest will be up tomorrow nite. Probably another one that requires 6 or more correct answers in the same post.

Meantime....as usual we welcome any trunk ID labels to break down for any readers.

As you can see I do have a number of very rare items in my private collection.

kirbanperformance.com

denniskirban@yahoo.com

kirban 2 cents worth

Here is a quick trivia....

See who is fastest on the draw.....

Anyone can play

no prize value

Concerning Buick emblems....

T-Type an emblem many of you are familar with.

What Type existed in the Buick line up before the T-Type designation?
Also what car did it appear on?

kirbanperformance.com

kirban 2 cents worth

That is not the answer I am seeking actually I believe the early T-Types the T was straighter not just on one particular model...you may not be reading my question correctly or maybe it doesn;t make sense....

Prior to the T-Type designation they had another designation ....Type

name it and the Buick model.

kirban

kirban 2 cents worth

good news/bad news....

good news is you won your rite....S Type.....Personally never saw one but I do have one of the emblems.

Funny today several cars run around with similar wording...

Jaguar has a S Type and Acura has a Type S....I think both are related to performance options.....

bad news no prizes this time

I got a load of photos for trivia coming up starting tomorrow nite....

kirbanperformance.com

question when Buick extended the production of the 87 GN my window sticker says the G80 was no charge...prior to the September extension was it an option....

kirban 2 cents worth

You are correct about a dozen options including G80 (limited slip) were standard no charge when decision was made 10-19 to extend the run.

As to why? I have 2 ideas...one was to speed things a long....two maybe they had a lot of those parts sitting around and since the rear wheel drive platform was going bye bye they wanted to make use f them? Just my 2 thoughts.

here is a list of what was now standard on the last 10,000...

soft ray tinted glass, door edge guards, delay wipers, rear defogger, visor mirror, left & rite remote mirrors, limited slip, tilt column, chime for headlites on, HD battery, radio etr am fm seek scan etc.,license plate brkt,

here is what was extra pwoer locks, power windows, cruise, trunk release, front reading lamps, lited visor mirror, power antenna, and concert sound II.

Additional to that was T Tops, body molding 6 way power seat, theft deterrant.

Dealer invoice was $13,948.98 MSRP was $16,154.00

My notes show they could have built 11,000 more not just 10,000

Just found more notes I was rite to accomodate the assembly plant request to simplify and deproliferate optional equipment the following changes were approved from 42 free flow options to 5 free flow options two packages uses 8 options, 13 options to be standard, 16 options got dropped.

The jest of it seems to say to keep things simple they set up this program to make things go smoothly and give buyers less choices.

Deleted options was twil lite sentinel, digital dash, all the carpet savers, astroroof, engine block heater, radio delte, cheaper radios tinted windshield and am radio.

Does state 13 options became standard I said 12 but they also count the front license plate bracket even though it was never a cost option.

Production ran from August 3rd 1987 thru December 1987.

kirbanperformance.com

denniskirban@yahoo.com

If you want post your trunk ID label we can break it down etc....

kirban 2 cents worth

Here is a picture of one of the ultra rare S Type emblems Buick used on the Rivieras prior to the T-Type versions.

New contest coming later tonite. It will include Buick trivia and other car trivia.

kirbanperformance.com

denniskirban@yahoo.com

Attachments

• Emblem Riviera S Type.jpg
    Emblem Riviera S Type.jpg
    26 KB · Views: 126
Dennis you might remember I bought my car to you back in 96 and you made copies of my window sticker and market adjustment...well here is my SPID label and Door tags showing it was MFG 12/87

Attachments

• Buick Tags 001.jpg
    Buick Tags 001.jpg
    55.8 KB · Views: 132