The New Guy From NewZealand

cheers mate great read .now i just need a nice way to plot the figures onto a flash picture so i can visualise changes

Figured that would help you understand what I was telling you to do on the mods. This should help you get better 60' times and make it hook up.

Very seldom do I need to put stuff on paper to visualize it. If I see something I can usually figure out how to make it.

i drew out the arms and angles in scale last night on paper so i could see where the lines intersect as for modding the mounts thats the easy part :biggrin: just wanted to see where im moving the IC from and too

Put the drawings up so other can understand what you're up to. It may help some one in the future.

i will need to dig out my scanner so i can post it or take a photo ill post it up tomorrow when i get home from the dyno little green car gets a few power runs in the afternoon

wow been a while since i last posted LOL few things going on as allways
i was getting tired of trying to race the daily driver so i hatched a plan buy the lightest possible car i can afford and go fast.so when the chance to buy a pretty straight but badly painted 2 door starlet weighing all of 750kg/1,652 lb for $250NZ came along i jumped at it LOL heres a pic of its condition as of the end of tonight. get the rest of the dash out next time and thats the inside nearly stripped bar sound deadening removal front door inner skin removal then its time for a 6 point cage as well as a bigger tunnel and firewall for the gearbox and bellhousing and the tubs in the rear.the plan is to return the daily to N/A street dutys for a while and poach its turbo and fuel system to fit onto my spare 3800 v6 and a T350 trans in the starlet along with some nice long tube tuned length steampipe headers for the turbo to reside on.awaiting the latest rulebook so i can begin design but have most of it figured out in my head allready
check out the tinted tailights LOL cant get any more tinted than flat black
IMGP5588.jpg

IMGP5592.jpg

and the shiney ute i just painted for a mate
IMGP5579-1.jpg

1977-1980 HZ holden ute was just a quick $200 splash of paint LOL we saved it from off my mates front lawn before it rotted away
IMGP5380.jpg

pic from when we fitted the big toyota diff we fitted an efi 304 holden v8 and T700r4 and i wired it all in.
IMGP5586.jpg

shes a great ute
also been modifying an inlet manifold for one of the turbo v6's its a mark 1 prototype tester with 90mm throttlebody for more serious mark 2 version to go on the starlet
IMGP5501.jpg

IMGP5497.jpg

IMGP5462.jpg

Looks like a fast ride once you get her going. Same engine as the other one or are you going to do more to the engine this time?

my head guy doing up some heads in his spare time they are like a work of art .all hand ported and measured should be a good boost in performance.apart from that first time out will be stock bottomend with cam and heads unless the heads turn the stock parts to cheese while tuning lol.update1post.jpgupdate3post.jpg
have some nice back cut stainless valves from SIvalves over where all you guys are to go in slightly larger than stock 1.5ex 1.745in and will have 5 angle valve job all the seats are being blended into the bowls to suit the new valves.dont have springs yet but will have some form of beehive LT1 style springs in the 130lb seat pressure range.ill be reusing my china turbo again unless i decide during the build that twin T3T4's will be easier to fit in the engine bay but so far looks like theres heaps of room heres another starlet engine bay with the buick 3800 in it N/A heaps of room can see the tunnel mods that are required for transmission room
182104958_full.jpg
182105148_full.jpg

Looks like you've got plenty of room to do twins so I'd say go for it.:biggrin: Heads look great BTW.:cool:

yeah its a toss up twins or single will see how things pan out once the engine is in .heres another head pic from a while ago love a good hand ported set of heads these are probably a bit overboard with all the measuring etc but it should make all the ports flow the same.the guy ports quite a few of these heads and has cut up 4 heads to find all the water jackets etc and knows where not to dig too deep LOL .i might even get the heads cut for orings when they are done still undecided as yet as ide like to look at adding some extra bolts to hold them down.i have contemplated using cap screws from inside the block via the welsh plugs up into the head itself in an attempt to hold them down in more places not that ive lifted a set yet at 15psi but i do plan to run more boost than that later.18-20psi they start doing gaskets so cometics and studs will be on the list or hand cut coppers and orings
file.php

30's chev ford dodge only he said LOL
another few spare hours on the starlet today rest of the dash is out and a dirty old LN7 engine from on the front lawn in for mockup clearance checks heaps of room for big long wanky drag headers :D
IMGP5596.jpg

IMGP5597.jpg

Well how about a 63 AMC American Rambler? That should be unique enough over there. LOL

I like the set up but just can't get ued to the steering on the right side. :)

un spot welded the old mounts today and sat the motor and a 4l60e case in the hole :thumbup: heaps of room in there now . the motor has to go down yet its sitting on a 6x2 block untill i dig out a sump and will go back maybe a little more once i trim the firewall a little more didnt want to cut it too big from the start LOL
IMGP5640.jpg

IMGP5637.jpg

IMGP5634.jpg

IMGP5638.jpg

IMGP5639.jpg