The new GT Garret turbos

turbo nasty

Turbo Dojo / MNTR
Ordered a Garret GT 3255E (replaces the TA49/TE44) turbo with .63 pte housing for my 87 yesterday from Full throttle.
So, being that this a new to the market I will let everyone know how this sucker does.
Mike Licht really is an honest up front guy and has the best prices around(and I really do my homework/research).

Along with the turbo I ordered a THDP and turbo saver. It should really make the car wake up !

FINALLY.......This is something I have been waiting to do for years, so I am super excited!!!!

cool, since the price really isnt any worse than a 44 i might look at this when i upgrade soon.

what is the top end and spool up like mark?

price

damn i paid more than that at precision for my dads gt32 55

Originally posted by KillrV6
cool, since the price really isnt any worse than a 44 i might look at this when i upgrade soon.

what is the top end and spool up like mark?

I had the stock turbo in the car before this, so I really have no frame of reference other than that. All I can tell you is that the new turbo outperforms the stocker in every category. Spools LOTS faster and pulls like a freight train on the top end. Love it! No regrets.

captain mark

what did you pay for your 32 if i might ask and where did you get it from...thanks

Re: captain mark

Originally posted by sdteb
what did you pay for your 32 if i might ask and where did you get it from...thanks

$650. Not sure where it was purchased. i got it through a fellow Buick guy down here, who got it through a distributor. I didn't ask him which one. Sorry.

gt 35

can we get those yet...also do you think you could get another gt32? I paid a bit more for my dads...actually alot more about 200 bucks more

Re: gt 35

Originally posted by sdteb
can we get those yet...also do you think you could get another gt32? I paid a bit more for my dads...actually alot more about 200 bucks more

I just pm'd you.

Does John Craig offer these GT3255 turbos ? ...Will it bolt right in and replace a TE -34 turbo ?

Mike at FullThrottle Performance sells them for $650 also. May also check with Jack Cotton, I know he received some recently and was chating about bolting one on his pumkin to see what it would do as he didn't have an opinion of or experience with them yet.

Is there anything that would give the same spool characteristics of the Te-61....but give me more CFM and hp? I hit a parking pole with my car and just took the whole front end off. Luckily it didnt hurt anything on the frame, or the quarters or hood (destroyed the AC cooler and bent the crap of the the radiator....grille destroyed, header panel, etc). Since it's down, i was thinking of pulling my turbo and 50lb msd injectors and selling it. I have a 3200 stall in the car right now.

I recently rebuild my motor and decided to go with a gt40
turbo. when I first drove it, I was surprised. I only have
a 2800rpm converter so I thought it would be sluggish.
yeah right. this combo spooled as good if not better than
my stocker. the only down side is that isn't a bolt in turbo.
Its a four bolt with an adapter, then the down pipe was
modified and the intake side was increased to 4 inch. An
external waste gate was also required. I ve never run any
other turbo so I can't compare it.

So is the GT 3255E a direct bolt on or are there mods to make if fit? Sounds like something I would like in the future.

Turbo is on and is great. Still tuning the car but, it is competely different. My KR dropped drastically and I am able to run 18-19 psi with 6 KR ..like I said I am still tuning it. Not using the boost control hose w/ the oem solenoid since I have the high boost actuator and did not like the boost control with the thumbwheel for the time being I have the actuator straight off the comp signal.

With all old equipment still having to be removed from the car I put on a THDP and testpipe, turbo, turbo saver.
Also, cleaned up the brackets and engine Gnd (batt neg), readjusted my complete cold air intake, oil canged w/ the turbosaver and torque strap all in 5 hours. It was shocking how smoothy it went, not too often does things go so smooth.
PB Blaster rust penetrant made short work of all the rusted bolts/stud.

Turbo is on and is great. Still tuning the car but, it is competely different. My KR dropped drastically and I am able to run 18-19 psi with 6 KR ..like I said I am still tuning it. Not using the boost control hose w/ the oem solenoid since I have the high boost actuator and did not like the boost control with the thumbwheel for the time being I have the actuator straight off the comp signal.

With all old equipment still having to be removed from the car I put on a THDP and testpipe, turbo, turbo saver.
Also, cleaned up the brackets and engine Gnd (batt neg), readjusted my complete cold air intake, oil canged w/ the turbosaver and torque strap all in 5 hours. It was shocking how smoothy it went, not too often does things go so smooth.
PB Blaster rust penetrant made short work of all the rusted bolts/stud.

Pronto the turbo bolts right up ..the only thing was the comp inlet was short by a few inches..just moved over the intake hoses on a couple of inches.

Originally posted by GDNF2ET
Does John Craig offer these GT3255 turbos ? ...Will it bolt right in and replace a TE -34 turbo ?

Since it is a Garrett turbo, I am sure he can get them. I will ask to make sure.