The new GT Garret turbos

I have a GT35 on my truck and it spools very fast. I'm not sure how the older units spooled since this is my first turbo but having a rear mounted turbo people would expect it to take forever and that just isn't the case. If it wasn't so damned expensive I would have went BB but at this point I am more than happy :)

so a gt3255 turbo spools better than a stock turbo???? did i read that somewhere in this thread???? if that is true then i will be picking up one of these turbos in the near future.

question

I'm ordering the same Turbo from Mike at Full Throttle for my 86' T-type. I also got 42.5 lb injectors and a conservatively programmed chip. I should be boosting in the area of 16psi. I just wanted the car to be a little better than stock, nothing crazy. Anyway, what kind of HP do you think I would be getting from this turbo at this setting and how much HP do you think you are getting. :) :confused: :)

Any info welcome..

i have no clue about your hp but i will take a guess. you will be maybe 20-30 over stock at 16 psi. im sure more people will buzz in and say to TURN UP THE BOOST!!!!!!!!!!! the norm for our cars is 20+ it seems like. haha.