The GN Godfather bought an 04 GTO

I just picked up a new manual trans '04 too. I'm in love. Plus the price was just right. Eventually I'll get into some mods with it but probably nothing too crazy.

Originally posted by ronbuick
Are these easier to work on than the F- body cars, like changing the plugs, also how about the rear ends, are they stronger than f-body cars, inquiring minds need to know.

Ron
They are incredibly easy to work on. With the help of a friend, we did a cam/spring swap in less than 4 hours. That was jacking it up to setting it back on the ground.

Header install was 2.5 hours. Same deal plus dropping the rack to install the driver's side header.

Spark plug changes are less than 10 minutes.

Lots of room to play around in :D

86brick,

There's a outfit that makes billet blockoffs for the rr spoiler holes. I suppose removing the spoiler and installing these is straightforward.

strike

:D

Originally posted by strikeeagle
86brick,

There's a outfit that makes billet blockoffs for the rr spoiler holes. I suppose removing the spoiler and installing these is straightforward.

strike

:D

:cool: That would be my first mod... The only wings I like are the ones with hot sauce on them;)

Awesome car! I've had my phantom black 6-sp 04 Goat since March of last year. Most of the critics who don't like it are the "retro" types who expected it to look like a 60's model. I think the retro thing has gone too far on some cars - who wants to go backwards on the looks Absolute best interior ever from GM. While it's not the fastest car in my stable by any means and it will never hold a candle to any of my Buicks, it is one hell of a "Total Package" that won't break the bank. Anything that can run low 13's out of the box and get 27-28mpg on the highway is OK in my book - a lot better mileage than my dually!! Since Buick is still embarassed of the GNs, I'll support Pontiac for now. This is also the longest I have ever left a car stock - this thing should be hell when I figure out where to put those turbos! I may take the easy way out and go with Magnuson's new blower. If I do run across anything the Goat can't handle, there's always a few TR's out in the shop for my HEAVY work;)

Originally posted by ronbuick
Are these easier to work on than the F- body cars, like changing the plugs

There was a small gathering in Iowa last summer. We did like 4 plug changes with basic tools and maybe one long extention. We could do one car in 10 minutes. Nothing against f-bodies, but man I love the GTO so much more.