Thanks to Mike Dopkins & friends for saving my parts from damage at the GS Nationals

GNX Guy

Thanks to Mike for helping me save many NOS parts from damage during Thursday's sudden 70mph wind storm and terrencial rain.

As it is, I lost 2 tents with 2 others beyond repair, many NOS GNX Wheel center decals, several left side front marker lights all were blown away and never seen again. Damage to an NOS Hood, NOS Door, NOS Fender and used deck lid when a table got lifted by the wind and landed on the sheet metal, also damaged were 3 tables and my digital camera, 4 rare GN / GNX posters, and several other items damaged by the rain after the tents were destroyed.

Thanks Mike and friends for getting soaked trying to save my other 2 tent to help save many other NOS parts.

It was kinda funny. Mike is not the biggest guy in the world and I thought he was going to blow away holding onto that tent poll. .:eek: :eek: :eek:

Southwest performance was right across from me and their tent flew 20 feet in the air and it looked like it landed right on a GN that was on a trailer.

Joe

i stopped over by your area a few times and you were never there....

sorry to hear you got hit by that storm.

it was nasty! i was in the parking lot at the hotel changing wheels on the gn when the storm hit. waited for a break in the storm, then took the car to the tire place in town that mounted my tires and he was nice enough to let me keep my car in their shop overnight.

man, that was nuts......I was in the staging lanes with pops........started sprinkling, so we headed back to the 1000ft mark. By the time i got the car stopped we had the wind gusts. We grabbed all the KC guys we could find and we held down the pop ups to prevent damage to cars and who knows what else........... man that moved in fast. Scary.........

Hey Joe!!!

Thanks for that Pitman Steering Arm Nut......Dan sure needed it to keep the car straight down the track.

Your Nut went 158++ mph.........you sure you don't want us to pay for it now:)

Sorry about your damages & losses:(