Tested a BA Performance Intercooler today

Otto J

We used Jim Romes TSM car to test a couple of intercoolers at Etown. Outside temps were between 45* and 52*
4 passes were made with the BA Performance Cooler
It is a 28x18X5 intercooler,The results were outstanding.
Temps were recorded from spoolup for a full 1/4 mile pass
Launch temps was 52.7 and when he lifted the outlet temps were 49.1!!!
The temp sender is located in the outlet tank of the cooler.
If someone can post a screen shot i have 3 F.A.S.T datalogs that show temps
All the passes were mostly 10.0X at 28#s of boost,If we get the datalogs posted you can see his convertor is slipping the whole way down the track.

V6 Beast said:
No 9.x ?? :mad: :mad:

I can post Screenshots or Data logs for ya.

Sully
Nope when you see the datalogs youll see the convertor is no good,Slips the whole way thru

Cheeseburger said:
What was the results of the other cooler you tested for comparison sake?
Mike at this time i prefer not to post them,As i will most likely get slammed.Ill pm then to you and you.Feel free to share.

KLHAMMETT said:
Mike at this time i prefer not to post them,As i will most likely get slammed.Ill pm then to you and you.Feel free to share.
Alright cool, i will keep it to myself.

For those that want to know,There was an increase of .02 seconds.Which in turn does not look like much.But once the datalog is posted you will see the convertor problem.The car will go faster with both coolers we tested once the convertor is squared away,Its getting shipped to Bill Anderson this week.

Pm Box Full

KLHAMMETT said:
We used Jim Romes TSM car to test a couple of intercoolers at Etown. Outside temps were between 45* and 52*
4 passes were made with the BA Performance Cooler
It is a 28x18X5 intercooler,The results were outstanding.
Temps were recorded from spoolup for a full 1/4 mile pass
Launch temps was 52.7 and when he lifted the outlet temps were 49.1!!!
The temp sender is located in the outlet tank of the cooler.
If someone can post a screen shot i have 3 F.A.S.T datalogs that show temps
All the passes were mostly 10.0X at 28#s of boost,If we get the datalogs posted you can see his convertor is slipping the whole way down the track.
UR PM BOX IS FULL OTTO

A big thumbs up to BA for producing a quality intercooler and core, those numbers are very impressive.

The great numbers the BA intercooler was putting out shows how much the "other" intercooler that was tested is lacking.

BA Performance

That is great news. I got the test information today and the BA unit performed excellentl. Great to see you guys having things starting off well. Can't wait to see the results from Odells TSO car down there with your BA TSO intercooler.

Another great choice, thanks BA and thanks to the boys for testing it!

V6 Beast said:
No 9.x ?? :mad: :mad:

I can post Screenshots or Data logs for ya.

Sully

Sorry Sully. Just couldn't get it. Next time. Thanks to ALL that made this possible....

I'd like to hear from some of the engineering experts here if it's possible to end a run at a lower temp than you start. Seems sort of like defying at least one law of physics, but it was nearly 40 years ago when I last opened those books. :confused:

Did you say .02 gain.Is that because the air cant get through
the unit fast enough? We all know air that stays in a cooler longer
will be colder.Are you trying to say the converter was only
bad for the big intercooler or that you didnt tune properly to the big
unit.Or is the difference in temp vs flow a trade off when it comes to et?
How much more weight does this cooler add to the car?Can you calculate
that the slip was greater with the big cooler because it made alot more power?Do the logs show the engine wanting more fuel ?With a cooler
that big do you feel the result it et would be better with a higher flowing engine and turbo vs the converter slip idea?Is the unit tsm leagal too
bad you couldnt test it on a tso car. :)

I forgot to say i hope you had
a good day jim.i know its been rough for you
lately temps sound good.Maybe there will be a better gain in et soon?
Good luck :)