Tell Me What You Think

T

TURBO87

I need a little input from you guys. I am feeling better and back to work, have a new guy working for me and am working on getting the web site back up to speed. What I would like to know is this. Would it be better to have the S&S site divided into a 84/85 section and a 86/87 section or just mix it all as one and put what year what parts fit? I already have a hot air only catalog but I see people are having problems down loading it and printing it. I am undecided if I should do 1 catalog and 1 web site or break it down into separate sections and catalogs. Right now the web site is a mess and I need to do something with it ASAP. One problem I see is that there are a lot of parts that fit all year TR’s. You guys tell me what you think and I will make it happen. I have decided that after all that I have been through the last few months that I am going to stay in it for the long haul so I want to do it right. I am also trying to decide on what parts to keep in stock for the hot air cars. I cannot afford to keep everything on hand so I would like to know what you guys want. I see that the up pipes and down pipes are fast movers as well as the headers. I am thinking of stocking the Spal dual fan kits also. Please post your input here or e-mail me direct at buickrcr@gntperformance.com. I am looking forward to your suggestions. Thanks

Dave
S&S

I would divide it into the two groups. Parts that fit both types can be in both sections. Maybe you could stock some reasonably priced hot-air chips? I think if you came up with your own cold air intake for hot-air cars that could be a big seller.

S&S Catalog

I seen the early effort... and loved it the way it was originally.

If it could be converted to an on-line shopping basket system that would be ideal. I like the ability to see what I want, select it, and then order it through a secure credit card ordering system.

We need a oil return tube - flexible braided line material. (Eastern sells this item).

Gaskets are always a necessary item.

Fuel delivery upgrade kits
-- Injectors, chip, Fuel pressure reg, fuel pump

Camshaft kits
-- Timing chain, cam/lifters, push rods, gaskets

Turbo conversion
-- Modified turbos (a direct bolt-on situation)
Larger turbo's without the hassle

Exhaust parts

Fiberglass replacement body parts

Budget engine rebuild parts
- remanufactured heads
- blocks
- crankshafts
- rods

Transmissions from mild to wild
-- Purchased outright with no core required

I'm sure that covers a majority of it. Glad to see you back on your feet.

Louie

Since there are many parts that fit both styles, have a large section for both, then smaller sections for 84/85 and 86/87 specific. Glad your back on your feet.

Originally posted by Stephen Soulsby
I think if you came up with your own cold air intake for hot-air cars that could be a big seller.

Dave, are you still a distibutor for BFH parts? If so, talk to him about the cold-air big mouth intake made by him and Mark Hueffman <sp?> these are going to sell big. I would like to see non-year specific parts listed on their own, with individual sections for hotair and intercooled performance upgrades. I like the parts Louie has specified, he has covered most parts available in his post that hot air owners are looking to buy. Good to see your back at work. Will call soon for some advise on a wierd modification I'd like to try.

Hey Dave

Glad to see your health has improved.

I say keep the Hotair stuff separate - as a current Hotair owner, I like to see stuff the is specific for my car not get confused with 86-87 parts that dont fit on my application. When I first got my car last fall and became interested in this site and others...I didnt know a thing...and it was trip and stumble in the dark for awhile.

Having things separate and specific really helped me when looking for parts or info or even tech help - like here !:cool:

Louie - Easterns isn't braided, just HD. It is a nice piece tho....hope it works for me

Seperate or together

I think that they ought to be seperate, because as an owner of a hot air, I immediately look for aplicability to my model year.

Everyone and their mother writes, sells, buys, etc. for the i/c models and universal parts; and this is a very good thing because I have adapted some i/c parts to my hot air.

But when someone really has interest in the almost forgotten dark horse market of 84-85, it's something that grabs attention. I think it says to the hot air owner: "you're part of a larger market, but your very specific needs are important to me so I am addressing them seperately, just to serve you - the hot air owner."

Hope this helps.

Also, I see a lot of younger guys picking up hot airs left, right and center simply because they sell cheaper than the IC models. These guys are the up and comers and you can bet they're looking for a little more pep. It is nice to point a newbie to a recipe ;) and to a specific vendor and they can be sure they're getting the right parts.

However, it is a little redundant to list Walbros and FPRs and body panels and gauges and other parts in both sections, as they may just confuse someone. That is why I suggested a section applicable to both, along with separate sections for specific years.

S&S Support

Dave,

I would like to see the 84/84 parts seperate from the 86/87 parts. The parts that fit both could be in the main body of the catlog.

It was good to hear from you yesterday and hope you keep improving as time goes on. Looking foward to coming down and picking up Zack's motor when it is ready.

Guy's,

Please support Dave's efforts to keep his shop up and going. Besides his health problems he has been through he had been screwed big time by someone and did not even get kissed.

Good luck
Jim Willett

If it's feasible and reasonably easy to make a separate list/catalog, I'd go that route. Also to consider, how about THREE?
1-IC only
2- HA only
3-Common stuff

(or would that be too "busy"?)