techs on the loose CTS-V vs Maseratti

300kGN

Pulled up next to to a Maseratti Biturbo blah-d-blah with a tech behind the wheel. I was in an '04 Cady CTS-V LS-6 6sp. He got me outta the hole, I flat footed the 1-2 shift leaving 2 car lengths of rubber and still started coming around him 'til we had to let off for the stop sign. We had a good laugh and returned to our respective grind-stones. Gotta love those LS-x's!

Why didn't this ever happen when my GN was still on the street:(

those caddys with the ls' are too much fun. I had the opportunity to take a newer one with an ls-2 out on a road course. i liked the STS-V even better though. Supercharged northstar, hell yes.

Cool, way to abuse a customers car I'm sure thats what they are paying you for. You're the reason I do my own work.

1NSTYC5 what in the hell is your greater problem? "Pulled up next to to a Maseratti Biturbo blah-d-blah with a tech behind the wheel. I was in an '04 Cady CTS-V LS-6 6sp. He got me outta the hole, I flat footed the 1-2 shift leaving 2 car lengths of rubber and still started coming around him 'til we had to let off for the stop sign. We had a good laugh and returned to our respective grind-stones. Gotta love those LS-x's!" No were in that sentence do i see i was at work working on a customer car and raced a Maseratti, maybe you should pay a little more attention before making stupid F$%^ comments!!!!!!!:mad: Other wise keep your comments to yourself:biggrin:
,Dan

OOPS!! That is a big fu#$ on my part, i noticed the caption!! I Guess i'm the dumb @$$ so 1NSTYC5 you have the right to give me hell back seeing i can no longer edit my post.. So my next question would be why would you post a thing that says you are in the wrong, beating on someone else's car that trusts you to be decent with it? You make all of us that work at dealerships look like idiots, like people that sell things that don't need replacement, it makes all the techs look bad, and affects the way people view automotive technicians. Again please don't make it so bland, you could have rather posted it differently like had my buddies CTS-V or kept it to yourself..
Thanks,Dan

I'm sure when he "flat footed the 1-2 shift leaving 2 car lengths of rubber" he was TESTING the cars durability under stress and making sure that any carbon build up was IMMEDIATELY blown out the tailpipe, thereby enhancing the cars long term reliablity. ;)

I still wouldn't trust him with my car though.:D

either that or making sure the abuse management parameters were functioning, or making sure the TCS system was working;)
,dan

You're all right to some degree, and regarding trust issues with dealerships/techs and the customer. However, I was not in a customer's car. And it IS my job to make sure a car performs to its potential under all circumstances.
With that said, what would you do when a customer comes to you with these complaints;
"When I downshift my Z06 hard into 3rd at over 125, I hear a clunk in the front of the car."
"At over 140mph there's a wind noise from the A-pillar. (BMW)"
"I was in a clover leaf at about 90mph, and I heard a scraping noise.(Z06)"
"power drops off at 8000rpm and WOT." (S2000)
"The transmission makes a noise when I downshift from 6000rpm." (S2000)
"it breaks up at 5500 and WOT."(GS455)

In the high MPH incidents, the customer drives, while I ride (not pleasant). In others, I do what I need to do to duplicate the problem. Or should I just tell them, "don't drive like that"? To me that would be the same as the classic fix-all, "turn the radio up."
There actually are people out there who drive their cars the way manufacturers claim the car can be driven. And yes, there are those who buy high HP cars simply for the status factor.

In the future, I will "keep it to myself."
Sorry, to all those offended.

LOL I wasn't offended cause I would do the exact same thing, but I wouldn't want to know about it happening to my car. Kind of a what you don't know won't hurt you thing.

Hell every rental I get I try to do a 40mph emergency brake check to see what will happen. :biggrin: