Killed a CTS-V

King Monza

a.k.a. Mr. Clark
Normal disclosures apply... this is all purely a work of fiction that happened in another country to a friend's friend's second cousin's brother's uncle, written in the first, second, third and fourth person.

So I went to a early a.m. car show yesterday (sat) and looked around. I am trying to sell my car so I am hitting up every car show I can until the car is gone. Anyways, around 8:30am, the show dies down so I decided it was time to leave. I hopped into my little V6 Buick and did the slow role out of the parking lot where everyone and the photogs line up. I always make faces at the camera if I see someone trying to take a pic mainly b/c I have the maturity of a 12 year old.

After heading out, I take a right, smile and wave at the patrolman who always goes to regulate the show traffic. After a quick left onto a main drag, I am at the street that leads to the on ramp. There are several stop lights from where I am to the freeway on ramp. The light is red and there is a little caravan of Black CTS-V's. Personally, I love CTS-V's. I couldn't tell if it was a first or second gen, but it was looking clean and sounding nice. My guess was that it was a second gen b/c of the badging on the top driver side fender. We kind of did the sly looking over at each other without taking our eyes off of the light. Now, I wasn't on my tires and only was at pump gas and low boost, so I was fairly sure that this would actually be a close race. (if something were to happen) Anyways, the light turns green and we start to roll away. I am about 1/4 throttle when I notice that he is right next to me and starting to take off! I use this as a sign that someone in my area of SoCal actually DOES race! So I opened it up to about 3/4 throttle and he is still next to me!

Now, I have NEVER had to full throttled my car in a street race. Mostly b/c the fast "euro" cars around Newport/Irvine have no idea what a grand national is and never want to race their leased out mid life crisis mobiles. I was pretty sure that this guy new what he was up against and was right there with me the whole time. That is, until I opened it all of the way. :biggrin: Once I actually opened it up all of the way and the boost kicked in, my car immediately started to burn the tires, pitch a little side ways, and then did what Turbo Buicks do best! We went for about an 1/8 of a mile but I was only able to put about 2 cars on him. I was really surprised that I actually found a race in my area against a really nice car like his.

We came up to the next stoplight and I tried to give him a smile and a thumbs up but he wasn't interested in even looking over. :mad: He was actually looking straight ahead and it looked like he was cursing at something. :rolleyes: The light turned green again and he didnt try to take of fast at all this time, so I cooled it and drove casually. Then out of no where, another CTS-V from the convoy did a huge ricer fly by between us. I thought that we would get a chance to play, but after his fly-by he got on the north bound on ramp where he just took off. I was heading southbound to get to work so I couldn't go chase him. Hopefully next time I can get some more races with those cars!

Well keep beating on the other cars out there and I'm sure you'll sell your car faster. You know what they say. If you can't beat'em, join'em.

Normal disclosures apply... this is all purely a work of fiction that happened in another country to a friend's friend's second cousin's brother's uncle, written in the first, second, third and fourth person.

So I went to a early a.m. car show yesterday (sat) and looked around. I am trying to sell my car so I am hitting up every car show I can until the car is gone. Anyways, around 8:30am, the show dies down so I decided it was time to leave. I hopped into my little V6 Buick and did the slow role out of the parking lot where everyone and the photogs line up. I always make faces at the camera if I see someone trying to take a pic mainly b/c I have the maturity of a 12 year old.

After heading out, I take a right, smile and wave at the patrolman who always goes to regulate the show traffic. After a quick left onto a main drag, I am at the street that leads to the on ramp. There are several stop lights from where I am to the freeway on ramp. The light is red and there is a little caravan of Black CTS-V's. Personally, I love CTS-V's. I couldn't tell if it was a first or second gen, but it was looking clean and sounding nice. My guess was that it was a second gen b/c of the badging on the top driver side fender. We kind of did the sly looking over at each other without taking our eyes off of the light. Now, I wasn't on my tires and only was at pump gas and low boost, so I was fairly sure that this would actually be a close race. (if something were to happen) Anyways, the light turns green and we start to roll away. I am about 1/4 throttle when I notice that he is right next to me and starting to take off! I use this as a sign that someone in my area of SoCal actually DOES race! So I opened it up to about 3/4 throttle and he is still next to me!

Now, I have NEVER had to full throttled my car in a street race. Mostly b/c the fast "euro" cars around Newport/Irvine have no idea what a grand national is and never want to race their leased out mid life crisis mobiles. I was pretty sure that this guy new what he was up against and was right there with me the whole time. That is, until I opened it all of the way. :biggrin: Once I actually opened it up all of the way and the boost kicked in, my car immediately started to burn the tires, pitch a little side ways, and then did what Turbo Buicks do best! We went for about an 1/8 of a mile but I was only able to put about 2 cars on him. I was really surprised that I actually found a race in my area against a really nice car like his.

We came up to the next stoplight and I tried to give him a smile and a thumbs up but he wasn't interested in even looking over. :mad: He was actually looking straight ahead and it looked like he was cursing at something. :rolleyes: The light turned green again and he didnt try to take of fast at all this time, so I cooled it and drove casually. Then out of no where, another CTS-V from the convoy did a huge ricer fly by between us. I thought that we would get a chance to play, but after his fly-by he got on the north bound on ramp where he just took off. I was heading southbound to get to work so I couldn't go chase him. Hopefully next time I can get some more races with those cars!
nice kill. good story