Team Banana's Twin Turbo LS Gbody

2014-02-23_14-52-59_274.jpg 2014-02-23_17-26-27_458.jpg
2014-02-23_14-53-45_359.jpg

Thanks a lot!! I am in the middle of trying to figure out how to do the plug wires right now. The headers are making it complicated. As soon as I figure that out
we are ready to start the car after 2 years of my life.
Btw, Tim is the money part of Team Banana and I Ronnie am the grunt. :)

What motor mounts you using?
Brp solid mounts. They wanted them forward an inch farther than I put them. I had to drill some new holes and welded them to the frame.
I set the motor in without moving the trans and driveshaft setup that we already had with the v6. I have about an inch between the firewall and passenger head.
The only bolts that I have to get under the car for are the torque converter

Thanks just trying to figure out which mounts to use i want it closer to the firewall and low in the cradle.

Thanks just trying to figure out which mounts to use i want it closer to the firewall and low in the cradle.
These are as close to the firewall as you can get and as low as you can go without interfering with the steering linkage to oil pan. Kevin B has some so you might PM him

I know that the BRP mounts sit the engine a bit higher that others and i will be using a aftermarket oil pan which i think are a little thinner in the front. I will shoot him a PM !

My ride has a little lower oil pressure than I would like on this new motor. Don't have the money to find out why.
I doubt it will get fixed this year.
I have a few hundred hours in Tim's car and really have no desire to fix mine.
Not really anything to look forward to on fixing mine..........other than tearing it up again. Tim's car is like starting all over again with the new challenge.

Got the car tuned today by Brian Macy at the horsepower connection. Here is a video of it spooling. 3800 rpm and 4 psi of boost on the 2 step

Last edited: