Team Banana's Twin Turbo LS Gbody

We had Todd at www.performancemetal.net micro polish our stock 5.3 crank and rods on the motor we are firing the car up with.
Turned out pretty sexy
2014-01-31_10-49-58_595.jpg
2014-01-31_10-49-58_595.jpg 2014-01-31_10-47-59_686.jpg 2014-01-31_10-48-35_135.jpg

Looks great man! I don't get a chance to post on the forums much anymore :(

Can't wait to see it out here at the MWBC this year!
~Scott

Sweet

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app
Thanks a lot Mike. Those rods and crank have 160,000 miles and the only thing that was done is micro polished. Todd does a hell of a job. It cost $100 for the rods and $145 for the crank. Well worth it in my opinion. Our rear end gear shine just as much.

Looks great man! I don't get a chance to post on the forums much anymore :(

Can't wait to see it out here at the MWBC this year!
~Scott
Thanks and I hope that I have both the V6 car and the V8 car at the MWBC this year. It is the only Buick event we plan on attending.
It is my favorite. The hog roast and people there make it the best race of all for me. Busting Walt's ass is just a bonus :)

Last edited:
Got the stock short block back together. We reused the 160,000 mile rod bearings and rings. Put new cam and main bearings in.
2014-02-06_17-51-26_263.jpg

Does micro poilishing provide any performance advantages or just look pretty?
Kinda what I'm wondering..
Are the parts magnafluxed, first? Or, is it to have "pretty pieces" when it blows up, and pics are posted?:D

When and where is the MWBC??
MWBC is at Osceola drag strip by South Bend Indiana. Not sure of when the dates are this year. It is a fun time with really good food.

Does micro poilishing provide any performance advantages or just look pretty?
Anytime you can take the imperfections out of the metal "casting marks in this case" it makes the structural integrity of the metal stronger.
It is kind of like shot peening rods back in the day. It remove all the carbon build up and helps reduced friction and heat.
On the rear end gears it helps with friction from the gears rubbing together. Two smooth surfaces rub together easier that two rough surfaces.
In our case we are just complying with what our sponsors ask. These two company's have helped a lot with this whole build www.performancemetal.net and www.Rpmtransmissions.com
Not sure how much it will help but for the price it can't hurt. There is no downside to it.