87 GN TSO proven 8 second car

I'd say that his asking price is a steal for a low mile clean 8 second ride. Good luck with the sale.

Bryan

Car is up and running and will be in Bowling Green this week. Put it on chassis dyno to check oil pressure, boost etc and break in new motor. Made two pulls one at 20 psi made 899 rwhp and one at 28 psi made 977 rwhp. Motor and tune will make much more without any issuess:eek:

Will sell complete car or just the motor and pretty much everything under the hood.

If you are looking for me in BG I have a red trailer and red GMC CC Dually with a cap. Will be competing in TSO with it also.

WOW - very nice car. I hope you don't mind but I put the picture of it launching on my computer (wallpaper).
Will you by any chance be at Hebron for the BPG race?

Hey Chris, I too made this (launch) my wallpaper. A well built car for sure, a well thought out combination and of course Buick all the way! You can have the SBC powered GN's, not for me EVER! Remember Indy 89 this Buick Engine made the March Chassis Car run away from all the V8's. Still Today would run with the V8's and 240 mph in the straights, pure Buick power, Production Engine! How did you do at BG Nats? Again Thanks Dr. Lyons. Gene

BG was rained out and Norwalk I went out in first round to Dave Fiscus. I'm not trying to push the car hard this year and the 8.68 we ran at Norwalk was relatively mild tune up and I was pleased with its performance there. We don't have enough heat in this combo to run 7.90's or even better than 8.20's for that matter.

I'm planning to be at BPG in August and hoping to possibly have the new motor in it by then.

I don't mind you guys using the pic thats kinda cool.

Motor as associated parts are for sale:
http://www.turbobuick.com/forums/pa...-2-gn1-head-motor-proven-8-sec-tso-combo.html

Rickie, If you hit the lotto you could "afford" to have him deliver it.
See ya, Kip

I have a fresh 78 mialibu, dutweiller built procharged, fuel injected sbc, made 1212hp on mild tune call best parts and like i daid the king of forced induction built it, looking to trade

I'm only selling to build a new car so trading for another race car is not really an option for me. Would like to see pics though, have a buddy that may be interested I can run it by him.

Hey Chris, does your car run a "Wolf" rear suspension? A well tuned chassis and worth a lot of time and money to get the set-up just right! Look how even the chassis pulls the front wheels! Folks this is worth a lot of time and money to get it right. Chris could your tune be adjusted to run in street trim? Just a question from me? Good Luck as Always! Gene PS. What is your latest times?

Hey Chris, does your car run a "Wolf" rear suspension? A well tuned chassis and worth a lot of time and money to get the set-up just right! Look how even the chassis pulls the front wheels! Folks this is worth a lot of time and money to get it right. Chris could your tune be adjusted to run in street trim? Just a question from me? Good Luck as Always! Gene PS. What is your latest times?

Actually I bent the Wolfe UCA and knocked out all the rod ends. I replaced the rear suspension with Paul (HRParts) new insane rod end suspension. VERY nice stuff with 7/8 teflon line bushings. I was suprised how beat up the Wolfe stuff was no comparison between that and HRParts new stuff.

Drove the car to a cruise Friday with my buddy and his F2 procharger 442. Since the 8.68@163 pass @ Norwalk I changed NOTHING. Car runs and drives like your average 10 second GN. I have a dial a flow for the weldon but haven't put it on yet so I don't take it much further than that for now. With the Dial a FLow I would drive it further.
Thanks Gene,

Attachments

• IMG00361.jpg
    IMG00361.jpg
    88.5 KB · Views: 2,178
man i would love to have that car,would'nt be interested in trading for a 3 year old that knows his abc's would ya.....lol....good luck with the sale.

good luck with sale, one question

whats up with the hotair air dam?

Its not a Hot air one it is one from Pat Hall who makes them from ABS plastic. They are wider and help keep air out from underneath the car

Ran the car on the dyno again to sort out a vacuum pump issue we've been fighting. My buddy needs to upgrade his dyno!

Attachments

• Dyno Graph.jpg
    Dyno Graph.jpg
    23.1 KB · Views: 901