Team Banana's Twin Turbo LS Gbody

Wow Phil!! My 4 cylinder barely fits in my s-10. Those are old school tsm turbos? Glad to see them put to good use. We will have to switch one day to a 67hpq and take a weight break to keep up. Keep in the parts for sale section because 71hpq will be for sale left and right one day. Maybe you can buy a pair cheap. :)
Btw, we gonna meet up and do some grudge racing this summer? We can meet halfway at Kilkare maybe.

Max PSI who built those headers i been looking for a set that tuck tight to the block?

Looks great guys! It's nice to see more people seeing the light and dumping the unreliable V6.

Looks great guys! It's nice to see more people seeing the light and dumping the unreliable V6.

Anything can and will break over time and sooner with errors. I respect all builds. TSS-TSO, Ford, LS-whatever. But let's be honest, the wheel hasn't been reinvented here. The LS craze is nice to watch, however its still a small block Chevy. Nothing new about building up an SBC.

Anything can and will break over time and sooner with errors. I respect all builds. TSS-TSO, Ford, LS-whatever. But let's be honest, the wheel hasn't been reinvented here. The LS craze is nice to watch, however its still a small block Chevy. Nothing new about building up an SBC.
You have not ran very many low 9 second passes with a 109 have you? :) For me this is about trying to go faster than we have been on a cheaper platform.
We are starting our build out with a $100 block and a stock crank. So far there is less than $10,000 in this whole build. Not just the motor. I know of guy's that have been butt raped for $20,000 plus just on a built 109. Everything blows up I agree but what it cost to fix it is what is important to me.

You have not ran very many low 9 second passes with a 109 have you? :) For me this is about trying to go faster than we have been on a cheaper platform.
We are starting our build out with a $100 block and a stock crank. So far there is less than $10,000 in this whole build. Not just the motor. I know of guy's that have been butt raped for $20,000 plus just on a built 109. Everything blows up I agree but what it cost to fix it is what is important to me.

No Sir, I have not. I get the Power to Dollar ratio, I do. However, I just don't think one should be frowned upon for the power plant they choose to build upon. For the longest of time the Buick Turbo V6 beat V8 powered cars and baffled owners. Now, because some are "in" the V8 crowd they tend to look down on ones still running the V6. Not directed at you cause my first quote was a response to 8 sec 109. I respect all of you guys that have been there and done that, 8 sec 109 included. However I think we should still show the same respect to the ones still there or attempting to get there, without discouraging them.

Will I ever spent time and money on a LS platform...YEP. Will I look at my time and money spent on a Turbo Buick a waste...Hell No! It taught me the forced induction fundamentals! I believe with our Turbo Buick experience we could make more power than your average SBC guy coming to a boosted LS vehicle.

Why... Because we learned to squeak out an awesome amount of power out of fragile parts. Now you give us a sturdier platform to apply the same knowledge, and more affordable/replaceable ...Watch out!!!

Butt Raped for $20,000. I have seen that a few times in "hot rods." Not just Buicks.
Your ability, knowledge, and skill determine what you spend on a build and the results.
I bet your car will match a Nelson Racing Engines car in power for a 1/10th of the the cost!

I agree 100% with you. That WhiteT in my avatar is still in the fleet and running mid to low nines with a 109. I love the Buick v6 as much as anybody but am not willing to spend the money on a stage motor. We think that we can apply the stuff that we have learned from the v6 over to the v8 and if it works out cool and if not oh well. We tried.
I seen your sig and took a picture of my WhiteT for you
2013-11-11_16-17-55_0.jpg

Max PSI who built those headers i been looking for a set that tuck tight to the block?
Like Ronnie said I built my own. I bought flanges collectors and sch 80 pipe. They are heavier but I hope they won't crack like the ATR's on my TSM engine.
header 1 (Medium).JPG
header 3 (Medium).JPG

We priced that box that you have full of tubing. That chit ain't cheap. That is what Scott at Lingenfelter uses to make headers. He said it don't crack as easy

Got the nose back on our car now . My radiator guy is coming to do the cold side in the next week or two. I am going to start the wiring tomorrow. We ordered a new air dam and grill from Kip for it to
2013-11-12_17-32-05_160.jpg

Is that a one piece nose / filler ?
Nope that is a bumper that I fixed a few cracks and new bumper fillers from Kip.
I primed it light grey and am waiting to finish all the fab and engine work before it gets painted. The glass bumper was cracked so I glassed it back in instead of buying a new one

2013-11-13_20-51-46_845.jpg That picture was deceiving Sack. Here is a better one. I was just wanting to show how good the big ass air filter fit behind the headlight in the other pic

Excellent workmanship. Thanks for sharing. Can't wait to see this completed.
Thanks a lot Mike. I wish I had some more updates but I am waiting on the fab guy to do the cold side piping.
We bought a tig welder just to do this job but I can't weld aluminum yet. I found out it is not as easy as Marcellas makes it look in videos. Staying at the Holiday Inn Express one time did not help in this case. :)

Been making a little progress. Got the alternator bracket from lsbrackets.com. Just about got the wiring finished up too
2013-12-03_11-19-40_436.jpg

That bracket looks like it solved all your problems.

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app