Taking Bigstuff3 out ?

Ttypewhite. I have 7 years dealing with this, as I had said before I have done it all. I have had a few people help me and that is the only reason I was able to drive it. The car drove very well even though I still had cold start issues but the rest of it was really good. I change the injectors from 83# to 120# and the tune went to crap. Nobody could explain it. I haven't been able to fix it at all.
I have read every ecu manual available to try to learn. I have bought DVD's. I was going to get it tuned by Cal H. But that didn't work out.
I already have everything to swap it, I just want to start, and drive a car that is reliable. I have spent a fortune on fouled plugs. I'm done.

Boostjunkie I do live in the KCMO area. Send me a PM with an offer and details on when and how long you will be here.

Larry, I think you're right by removing that "Big Stuff" thing, I would've done exactly the same thing especially if there's no support from the company to help you … :rolleyes: (n) Instead, I'd go with either a stock computer which has been modified to drive bigger injectors or better, a FAST XFI system (which a lot of Buick racers use so getting help shouldn't be a problem). (y)

good luck,

Claude.

IMG_4495.JPG
Thank you Claude.

Well it's all out. But I have a few more questions.

First I have a green wire that is connected to a yellow and black wire that goes to the smaller plug to the computer, any ideas what that's for.

And I am not sure if I'm going to run the PLX wideband do I need a O2 sensor also. I don't see a plug for a O2 sensor either so I hope not.

I will try to get better pics if need be also. My phone died taking this one.

I removed a BS3 from a friend's GN a while back and I pretty much unplugged the jumper/adapter harness and plugged the factory ECM back in. The only other thing that I wasn't expecting was that the injector harness was wired backwards as far as the power and ground went. The BS3 was wired so that the ECU provided a power to fire the injectors instead of applying a ground like the stock ECM(and most aftermarket ones I have seen). I am not sure if it's like that on all BS3 installs. I live in Springfield MO and if worse comes to worse you are welcome to bring the car by my house and we can get it figured out.

I removed a BS3 from a friend's GN a while back and I pretty much unplugged the jumper/adapter harness and plugged the factory ECM back in. The only other thing that I wasn't expecting was that the injector harness was wired backwards as far as the power and ground went. The BS3 was wired so that the ECU provided a power to fire the injectors instead of applying a ground like the stock ECM(and most aftermarket ones I have seen). I am not sure if it's like that on all BS3 installs. I live in Springfield MO and if worse comes to worse you are welcome to bring the car by my house and we can get it figured out.

Steve is giving one seriously cool offer here, jus' sayin'.......

Very nice of you to step up, Steve.

Good luck to both of you!