Taking Bigstuff3 out ?

Wires up by the dash in attachment 707 looks like what plugs into your factory ecm so thats a good sign they arent cut off.

Wires up by the dash in attachment 707 looks like what plugs into your factory ecm so thats a good sign they arent cut off.

yeah, unplug that, and remove the harness adapter stuff.

then post another pic.

B

IMG_4473.JPG
IMG_4475.JPG
IMG_4474.JPG
Ok here's the next set of pics.

Switch back over to a stock style system they say, it will be plug and play they say, it's a piece of cake they say, you'll be happy you did they say. LOL
This looks like a mess and I am lost at the moment.

Not sure where to go now. It seems that the BS3 harness is attached to a smaller harness going to the firewall. I no there is a +/- wire to the battery but I don't see those

Well good luck u will like the power logger its a nice scantool and easy to use its to bad that the bigstuff is not working out for u

Ok I fiddled with it a bit this morning. The 2 little harness that go through the firewall looks to be 1 +\- wire to battery the other has +/- wires along with white, green, yellow and grey wires in it. Not sure what those are for. Plus there several wire taps and a few cut wires in the harness under the dash.

Any help would be great.

1 harness should be for the wide band 02 sensor and 3 bar map sensor that you may have to cut to pull through the firewall next would be power and grounds to the batt . i have no idea why you would remove that system its all you will need

There are lots of really smart folks here, but the problem seems to be the distance between you and others that are familiar with your system....

Before tearing it out, I would reach out to those tuners who are familiar with the system that is on the car.......try to make it work.

When making wholesale changes to the car, you will end up with wholesale problems. Lots and lots of wholesale problems to work out, some that may be beyond your experience, or not.

Correcting most of those issues on your own..... or by paying a real professional to sort it out, seems to be the direction this is heading.

Don't be afraid, the fact is, if you don't want to spend RETAIL, BIG, BIG money to fix your self imposed problem by changing what you have, you need to be ready to pay to have some other person get your car squared away.

Then again, you might be an absolute genius with these little TR's and I could be completely wrong. :):):):)

Last edited:
Look guys. I have had many, many threads here, yellowbullet, and other forums, asking for help. I have had this car probably 7 years now and acquired it because the original owner, and shop that installed it couldn't tune it.
I had it 4-5 years and got it tuned really good. Good enough I decide I wanted to race it a bit, but it was out of injector with the 83's so I upgraded to 120's and the tune went crazy and I haven't been able to tune it to even be able to drive it since
I've had this car about 7 years and have only been able to drive it part of 1 summer.
I'm done. I have all the parts to switch to a SD set up and want it out.
Trust me I have been through so much trying to tune this thing. I've had some guys help and I thank them for that. Without them I wouldn't have never got it tuned with the 83's for that one summer, I've had guys send me tunes that was supposed to be for a TB with a similar setup but get tunes for a 4&6 cylinder ford and then a 6 cylinder Chevy instead.
Then Cal H was coming in town for a group tune. I was super happy with this. I cashed in my week vacation to pay for it, and then awol from work because they decided to work overtime on the weekend. Cal said he would call for my time to tune but never got a call so I was out my vacation, overtime pay and got hit with a awol and still had a car that wouldn't run.
So any help with that would be great.

Larry i understand sounds like you have been through enough . i will be in KC MO in a few weeks to pick up a car might be able to swing by and pick that BS3 up if your close

I hear your struggles and feel your pain, but I don't think removing that ecu is going to make any difference unless the ecu itself is bad. That's a good unit you have there and it should be able to do everything you want it to do. I know you have already started pulling wires out, but the time you invest in selling this and putting another system in and tuning that, you could have spent that money and tune this with a credible tuner. If your really want to see if your ecu is the issue. Put up a post, list your mods, and ask if anyone has a program that you can try with these size injectors you will pay money for it. A lot of people wouldn't help unfortunately until the universal language is put into the mix $$$$. If your drive ability improves, you know you are on your way. Just use the tune for drive ability and idle qualities, not for WOT. I wish you well my friend. Good luck.