ta performance timing chain help

aznturboboi

Im in the process of installing a Ta performance stock style timing chain. So far I put on the new chain dot to dot and now the front cover is on. The problem is when I try to find tdc (watching #1 intake valve go down) the mark on the crankshaft pulley doesnt align with the plastic tab on the front cover. In the attached pic it shows where the mark is. If i turn it anymore the # 1 intake valve starts going down. I feel like I didnt put the crankshaft gear in the correct slot. I just wanted to make sure before I take the front cover off again. Thanks in advance.

Attachments

• 20141115_125033.jpg
    20141115_125033.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 228
dont know why your watching valves to find tdc ,, to qoute a silly commercial .. thats now how it works

tdc is when the piston is at tdc and that should be when the timing indicator line on balancer is at 0 and could be verified with a piston stop but stock balancers arent usually known for being off

at tdc both valves should be closed and depending on cam and depending on if lifters are pumped up or not and how far thepushrod sinks the lifter plunger , the degrees after tdc that the valves begin to open will vary but you can be sure it wont begin opening until after tdc

Last edited: