Ta block

My point was more that if people weren't chastized for posting the truth about "reputable" vendors, things like this could be avoided.

But unfortunately there is more "mob mentality" when it comes to issues like that, so the person who is telling the truth gets chastized and torn apart rather than the focus being on the shady vendor and what they've done.
I don't disagree.
What I was trying to point out is;
Non paying vendors shouldn't even be part of the conversation. By allowing and promoting that, the expectation is that both paying and non-vendors are on equal footing. That is not the case with my budget, unless no paying vendor can support the transaction.

If you are ready to have someone talk above many, many on this board's level, just call Mike at TA.

He is obviously the guy to talk to about HIS block, but you need to quickly drill down to the info you are looking for from him. Don't waste time with niceties and "what's up" questions. He doesn't have time for that.

I talk to Mike about once a month, he gives out so much information, I only understand about 25% of it.

The guy is amazing, he is sooo smart.

His block, he's the guy to ask questions. It can't be more straight forward than that.

How did all the bad talk about weber come up? I'm not saying I'm trying to stick up for the guy but I have had him do a couple 109 blocks for me and never had a problem. What have you guys heard? Or experienced?

Frp2m what i read since the old man left quality has gone into the dumps

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

I've heard of some people complain about price for certain services. I haven't had a bad experience yet and I have used them on and off for ten years. Never had them build me a complete engine just machine work and cam bearing install.

Probably no issues because they don't do the machine work
I've heard of some people complain about price for certain services. I haven't had a bad experience yet and I have used them on and off for ten years. Never had them build me a complete engine just machine work and cam bearing install.

Really? Care to share what you know? The reason I'm asking is because I am about to drop the money for a ta block an rotating assembly any input is much appreciated. As we all know this isn't cheap and this board has never steered me wrong.

Really? Care to share what you know? The reason I'm asking is because I am about to drop the money for a ta block an rotating assembly any input is much appreciated. As we all know this isn't cheap and this board has never steered me wrong.
Jay, I been screwed by Webber twice now and wont give him a third chance. Theres so many other good guys on here with good reputations.

Sent from my VS987 using Tapatalk

Weber sends out the machine work to be done by someone else, and they assemble it.

What most people don't realize is that MOST Buick vendors are like this....you think some of the biggest "builders" in the community have ALL the tools and equipment required to bone/hone a block..or balance a rotating assembly?! NOPE.

Weber, just like EVERY other Buick vendor I know of, except maybe Richard Clark, assembles the parts and has another shop do the machine work.

You show me a Buick Vendor that has the equipment required for all the machine work, besides Richard Clark, and I'll be happy to eat my words.

Is RPE even a vendor?

Weber sends out the machine work to be done by someone else, and they assemble it.

What most people don't realize is that MOST Buick vendors are like this....you think some of the biggest "builders" in the community have ALL the tools and equipment required to bone/hone a block..or balance a rotating assembly?! NOPE.

Weber, just like EVERY other Buick vendor I know of, except maybe Richard Clark, assembles the parts and has another shop do the machine work.

Except maybe RPE..I don't know enough about them to know if they machine their own blocks/assemblies..

You show me a Buick Vendor that has the equipment required for all the machine work, besides Richard Clark and maybe RPE, and I'll be happy to eat my words.

Richard Clark would be the only "vendor" on here that has the equipment that I know of. But there are other none vendors that do buick motors that have the equipment

Except maybe RPE..I don't know enough about them to know if they machine their own blocks/assemblies..

You show me a Buick Vendor that has the equipment required for all the machine work, besides Richard Clark and maybe RPE, and I'll be happy to eat my words.

Guys thank you I had no idea. I'm going to call ta tomorrow and ill discuss maybe him machining it himself. I have first hand seen the machining equipment at weber. But I do know the focus on a lot of v8 stuff now. I don't know how you guys know this information but I appreciate it very much.

If you're near Chicago... Rich Sliwinski at Precision Engine and Machine. He did a beautiful job on mine.

Guys thank you I had no idea. I'm going to call ta tomorrow and ill discuss maybe him machining it himself. I have first hand seen the machining equipment at weber. But I do know the focus on a lot of v8 stuff now. I don't know how you guys know this information but I appreciate it very much.

Are you getting an On-center block, or Off-center? Just curious.

If you're buying it from TA, I would consider having Duttweiler do your engine work. He is affordable, does great work, and still does a TON of Buick stuff. In fact, I am bringing both my personal On center TA engine and a customer's 109 block down to Duttweiler in September to get built and dyno'd.

Fwiw, I would figure the cost for the machine work required on the TA block to be around $800-$1,000 if you have Duttweiler do it. I know that because I just bought an On center block from him that he included all the machine work required, in the purchase. When I asked him how much that work was worth, he said around $800-$1,000.

I'm buy Cleveland ohio going off center And will do the assembly myself. I am not a vendor and I know there are tons of guys on this board that know a shit ton more than I do. My background is I am a gm line tech. And I do a lot of side work and have aquired a quiet a few of guys that I work on there trs. Never done a ta build but your not going to learn unless you do it yourself.

I'm buy Cleveland ohio going off center And will do the assembly myself. I am not a vendor and I know there are tons of guys on this board that know a shit ton more than I do. My background is I am a gm line tech. And I do a lot of side work and have aquired a quiet a few of guys that I work on there trs. Never done a ta build but your not going to learn unless you do it yourself.

Hey man, more power to ya!

I genuinely wish you the best of luck with your build, and hope that you have the best success and create yourself one mean motor!

If there is anything we, RPS, can do to help, please let one of us know! We are racers ourselves that are just trying to get our own stuff done, so we sympathize on all levels with what you're trying to do!

Best of luck dude, and I hope you have incredible success!

May I please ask what rotating assembly and cylinder heads you are going to use? What turbo and headers? ET or HP goal?

You're doing it on your own. Call Mike. 'Nuff said.
That's the plan. I will keep updating this thread if you guys are interested. But its time I pull the trigger and show what I can do and see if anything comes from it. I am so sick of dealer ship flat rate life. Sorry for the rant. And if everything stays the same at least I'll have a kick ass engine in one if my buicks... Hopefully

That's the plan. I will keep updating this thread if you guys are interested. But its time I pull the trigger and show what I can do and see if anything comes from it. I am so sick of dealer ship flat rate life. Sorry for the rant. And if everything stays the same at least I'll have a kick ass engine in one if my buicks... Hopefully

Dude Bad-Ass!!

No joke man, and I'm sure I speak for everyone here, when I say that we wish you the BEST of luck in your build, and we would LOVE for you to continue to post up pics as you continue and progress with the build!

Would you mind entertaining us a bit please and telling us what is exactly going in this build? I am sure I am not the only one who is curious about it!