T200-4R input shaft

kjhansen

Well, I got my trans out and the input shaft is snapped cleanly in half right where the smaller part joins the larger part. How hard is it to replace an input shaft?
Keith

very east can be done in about 15 min to 1 hour depending on you.if you need a used or billet shaft i can help you out as well as provide the tech to change it.

Chris--a used one would be fine. This trans is going to be my backup now. How much with shipping to 65536? How do you take payment? PayPal? Plus I need to know how to do it first, to see if it's within my capabilities :-(

Keith

i can ship you a used one for 25.00.although we are moving and all is packed i do know there is one in my toolbox,let me know and i can ship it tomorrow

Hey I broke mine too. But I got it fixed. From what I could see was that you pull the pump, big snap ring, and the shaft goes through the ring gear, small snap ring on the back end of the shaft. Of course you have to remove the Servo and VB...I'm not 100% on this. I was just watching Lonnie when he replaced mine. Literally took minutes to go through my entire tranny and check things out.

BTW: Mine broke due to locking the convertor all the time. IF you get a billet input shaft or turbine shaft like the manual calls it... you might as well spend the money on the billet OD ring gear and billet planet...all for about 800-900 bucks. Because it will just send the load right to the splines on the ring gear and so on. Then the trans will be good for high 9's assuming the calibration is correct with the VB. To make it live long. If i"m out of my tree please tell me. I'm just learining these trans I think I'll get a core and try to build one myself here soon.

-Jason