T-link Data Please Review (help)

XMAN

Hello,
I just received my t-link please review data to let me know if you guys see anything out of the norm

Thanks
I am running an adj. reg. set to 45# vaccum line off, thrasher chip.
The instructions on how to set IAC says car should be in closed loop but at idle my car run in open loop(is this normal and if it is not how do I set IAC in open loop?

IAC: 107 42%
LV8: 221#
TPS: 4.86
INTEGRATOR: 128
O2 VOLTS: 856MV
O2Xcnt: 2#
MASS AIR FLOW: 201 GPS
MAP/BOOST: 11.1

ENGINE SPEED: 4750
ESC Counts: 99
RETARD: 6.4

BATT: NORM
BATT. VOLTS: 12.3
MIXTURE: RICH
LOOP STATUS: OPEN

COOLANT: 189
RD. SPEED: 32 MPH (SLOWING DOWN)

Well, some things that I see are:
The O2 voltage is indicating a rich fuel mixture, around 780
would be better.
6.4 retard is unacceptable, ideally you need to see 0.
Batt voltage is low, this should be at least 13.0 or better.
Also, the computer is in open loop, I believe closed loop is
where you should be, but I'm not totally sure on that one
because I think some chips/computers are designed to run
in open loop.
I think you have some diagnosing to do, I'm sure others on
this board will chime in with more details:)
HTH

First of all, under what conditions was this reading taken? The TPS indicates a full throttle condition but the MAF only reads 201 GPS and should be very close to 255 - problem #1.

If the TPS was at full throttle then why was vehicle speed indicating 32 MPH and slowing down? Was this reading taken as the throttle was being lifted? If so, the reading should be ignored. Accurate readings should be taken with the TPS in a steady state for at least several seconds because of the slow sample rate of our ECMs. - Problem #2

O2 volts of 856 aren't too rich if the car was in a lower gear and just starting to accelorate hard. They should drop to below 800 only during the 3rd gear charge.

Hope this helps.

Inconclusive. The LV8 and MAF look about right for 11 psi,, the O2s look rich, and 45 psi static is high. I'd lower the Fuel psi 3-4 psi.
Can you post idle values and WOT values again?

I beg to differ with WarpSpeed. When running a Thrasher chip, the fuel pressure should always be set at 45 psi. All Thrashers are designed around that setting since day one.

Oh, and as for your car running in open loop.........Thrashers are also desiged to run in open loop at idle and at wide open throttle. I believe you are supposed to set your IAC with another chip that is in closed loop at idle and then install the Thrasher. It's kind of important that all parameters be right prior to running Thrasher chips. They're the only chip I know of that are set up that way.

Thanks guys for the information

I will run at WOT and post the readings as for the 02 being rich is that the sign of a bad O2 sensor or FP needing adjustment.

Thanks again

As I said in my previous post, 856 is not too rich for the O2 if the reading was in 1st or 2nd gear at only 32 MPH. Just adjust your fuel pressure to 45 PSI, make the full throttle run, and post the data from one of the frames in 3rd gear at over 70 or 80 MPH. By the way, do you have the boost sensing option with your TurboLink? And if so, are you calibrating it prior to making a run? Let us know.

Thanks Rayk

I do have the boost sensing option and I did calibrate before the run. I did not have an opportunity to drive my car today, but I will drive WOT tommorrow and post my results.

Thanks for your help

Numbers look about like mine with the same Thrasher chip except I have 0 knock retard.

O2's look a bit rich on mine as well at WOT ~810-820. I have the stock injectors with 46K miles and am considering new injectors, any suggestions???

Thanks

Battery voltage 12.3 ?

Isn't anyone concerned with that 12.3 batt voltage?
A battery sitting on a shelf has 12.6, and XMAN is running
his electrical system with .3 less than that:rolleyes:
With all the concern given to fuel pump voltages ect...
I would think that this is something that requires attention!
Anyone agree? or am I barking up the wrong tree?

fuel pressure

I know Thrasher says you have to have at least 45 psi pressure with the line off.But I was running rich(with 110 leaded race gas)and getting 2 degrees of knock.I turned my fuel pressure down to 43 3/4 psi and car ran great.I went to 23 psi with no knock.I thought my gauge might have been wrong so when I got home I checked it with another gauge and it read the same pressure.But if I changed the presure I would only go down a pound and see where that puts you.And a Thrasher chip does idle in open loop,this is one of the reasons for their good idle.Bruce

Thanks for the information

Well once again I did not have an opportunity to drive my car (working late) but hopefully I can try the advise you guys have been providing and post my results.

Keep the advise coming
Xavier