T/Link tune up ?

larry33kc

I have T/Link now but I don't know much about what to look for, and what to do for tuning, I was hoping that you guys could take a look at my idle #'s and help me out on what I should do with the tuning

IAC index 43# 16%
LV8 33 - 35
TPS volts .52 V
Integrator 142 # - 150#
O2 volts 218 mV - 687 mV
Mass air flow 4 GPS
block Learn 150#
O2 delta cnts 22 - 25

I have the quick ref. guide from GNTTYPE but would like to get your guys advice.

I will get some WOT #s when it stops raining and the driveway dry's up (live in the country) I just need a starting point.

ASSUMING this is idle, hot, in park Larry........

IAC- seems a tad high. Should be around 20ish.

LV8 seems okay. My cars are usually 37-40.

TPS voltage is to high. That will mess with your idle characteristics Larry. Should be .42-.44 ish. WOT (with car off, key on obviously) should be 4.60-4.80.

INT is short term correction of fuel. This is showing LEAN condition. I dont really pay much attention to the INT, I look at the BLMs.

02 MVs at idle dont really mean too much, they should just jump around quite a bit if your sensor is good.

MAF GPS seems low at 4, I cant remember, but I think mines 6 or 7? Not quite sure.

BLM (block learn) is also showing LEAN, a VERY LEAN condition. What is your Fuel Pressure at? What chip are you running? Do you have an upgraded pump? How about a adjustable regulator? Do you have a hotwire kit?

02 Delta Counts, I have no idea what they are, I tune with Scanmaster and EGT :D

... also be sure to read the sections of your manual dealing with Tuning with TurboLink and the ECM Parameters section.

Hey Neil and Ken thanks for reply

Neil the car was hot and in park

What do I need to do for the IAC

TPS is 4.80 WOT but I have a TPS-TEC

With the TPS-TEC disconnected and the key on car off it reads 4.42 WOT

O2 Mv's do jump alot

What do I do about the MAF GPS's

Fuel pressure is 43# line off, I have a KB HI/ LO PRO chip, No I dont have a upgraded pump or hotwire but I do have a KB boost a pump that is supposed to double the output off the pump ( Or so I was told)

Ken I will read the manual I down loaded again.

Thanks guys, any other Idea's

No I dont have a upgraded pump or hotwire but I do have a KB boost a pump that is supposed to double the output off the pump ( Or so I was told)

OUCH, stock pump + KB boost-a-pump is better than nothing but is definately playing with fire!!! No way it will double the flow, it's pretty much like hotwiring the pump, just ensures the car is getting plenty of voltage back there. Check out www.racetronix.com or one of the other TR vendors for a fuel pump upgrade quick before the engine goes KABLOOEY!!!

Doug C.

Larry.

1. Get a Walboro 340 in tank pump. One of the vendors has a special for 89 bucks right now, cant beat that.

2. Get an adjustable fuel pressure regulator.

3. You say you have a KB boost a pump, Im not framiliar with those, but if its a hotwire kit, then your okay.

4. Get a new computer chip! Most Kenne Bell chips are outdated and fairly aggressive from what Ive seen. And I remember you telling me one night that you are running 19psi of boost on 91 octane and the Kenne Bell Chip.....not good in my opinion. Your T-link is telling you that the car is LEAN, and 19psi on pump gas is playing with fire as Doug said.

As for adjusting your IAC counts and the TPS voltage, go to www.gnttype.org and look up the procedures for each. This should help considerably. But get your fuel system up to par first, or you could hurt the motor. HTH

Ok I did a little tunning and here are my new numbers

IAC 25# 9%
LV8 28#
TPS .44v
Mass air flow 4 GPS

725 rpm

I do have a ?
On the IAC # where should they be and which # do you look at