first trial on t-link after mods....help!!! ???

Maltman

I have had some problems with this thing cutting in/out of power at high boost/high rpm.....but barely any knock ..powerplate rocks!

Sooooo...I replace plugs (from R43TS to NGK UR5) and gapped them at .032 (tight)...and it cleared up some, but I doubt I can get more than the 20#'s of boost I'm running now (100 octane)

T-link said the following on my last run (on the street, so I couldn't get too carried away)

Arranged in order of "What does this do", to the more obvious:

(top of 3rd gear @ 94 mph before letting off....I only have 3 previous frames)

1. BLM: 116
2. INT: 128
3. O2Xcnt: 0#
4. LV8(load): 255#
5. O2 volts: 35mv
6. TPS: 3.7 (low...I know....I think it was the floor mat)
7. MAF: 255
8. IAC: 80 - 31%
9. lean the entire run
....most knock I saw was 6.4 degrees...in car hit caution...that is why I let off...plus, I was going a t fast for the road :)

air temp was 83 degrees, coolant=173, rpm on this frame was 4950, closed loop, .....I think that is about everything

Sorry if this is more than one might need to make a diagnosis, but I never learned how to tune these things...yet ;)

Any help would be great.

Sig should have more garbage than you need too :)

Thanks,

Mark

I'm sure it was lean the entire run, whats up with your o2 volts?? What is your fuel pressure?

I have the heated O2, but it was no more than 40mv for all four frames recorded (while under accel)....as soon as I let off, it went up to around 500. I guess that it could be bad, but it has less than 2,000 miles on it!

As for fuel pressure, I have an in-car autometer and it climbs with boost....and initial settings are at about 38 lbs (w/o vacuum)

???

....and I have another small ?............is 4-5 frames of information "normal" for the t-link on a 1/4 run?

...it seems that getting useful information for tuning will be hard if it only catches 4 spots in the run?

thanks,

Mark

Im not sure about the heated o2, never used one. 38 lbs seems lean to me though, I might bump it up to~41 and see how that does. I would be concerned about 6.4* kr. Cutting out at high rpm sounds like maybe a coil or module though? And I think t link captures one frame every 1.5 seconds, so it may miss some things. Direct scan screams, gives me almost too much data sometimes lol. Hope you get it worked out, good lukc.

*sigh*

1.25 seconds per frame ... be sure to download v3.02 (if you are using v3.0)... there was a bug that was fixed where we were too aggressive with the noise filtering and were chucking about half the data.

... and what you are seeing isn't something missing. DS won't do anything for you except show more of the same, in this case.

There's something wrong (dreadfully wrong) with the O2 readings.

What were the cross counts during the run... they should have been ZERO. If not, we've got problems with fuel delivery. I agree that you should try closer to 45psi of FP and see if that affects things. Otherwise, it might be time to try another O2 sensor to see if that's the problem.

Thanks Ken!

I didn't get the latest, so I'll make sure to do that....and my x counts were 0.....but the O2 does appear to be bad, so I think I'm going to replace it to make sure.

Mark