Syclone Truck

Do Sy Owners Usually Keep Their All Wheel Drive Or Remove It When Going To A Th400? That Kinda Defeats The Advantage That The Truck Offers On The Street But Would There Be Less Problems W/out Awd?

AWD is what is most desirable about these trucks.. you can take pretty much anything from a dig on the street to a certain point.. then that's when your mods come into play trying to hold off the other cars on the big end.

I personally don't like it when people convert to 2wd because I was forced to drive my sy for about four months without a front propshaft until I got up the funds for the new gilbert unit which no one's ever broken one yet not even the 9 second trucks anyways driving in 2wd blew totally.. unless you just want to smoke the tires 24 7. The transfer case has been proven to go 9s without a hickup, the rears have done the same. The trans is weak and the stock propshaft is weak, the rear driveshaft has gone 9s also so there isn't really a reason to worry about the awd system other then already mentioned.

When converting to a TH400 there's kits and for the 4l80E there's and adaptor.. both have been adapted to these trucks without issue many times in the past with both totally stock and wild type builds. ONLY problem with a TH350 or 400 is that there 3 speeds and you lose your overdrive.. that's why the 4L80E is the most popular.

AWD is what is most desirable about these trucks.. you can take pretty much anything from a dig on the street to a certain point.. then that's when your mods come into play trying to hold off the other cars on the big end.

I personally don't like it when people convert to 2wd because I was forced to drive my sy for about four months without a front propshaft until I got up the funds for the new gilbert unit which no one's ever broken one yet not even the 9 second trucks anyways driving in 2wd blew totally.. unless you just want to smoke the tires 24 7. The transfer case has been proven to go 9s without a hickup, the rears have done the same. The trans is weak and the stock propshaft is weak, the rear driveshaft has gone 9s also so there isn't really a reason to worry about the awd system other then already mentioned.

When converting to a TH400 there's kits and for the 4l80E there's and adaptor.. both have been adapted to these trucks without issue many times in the past with both totally stock and wild type builds. ONLY problem with a TH350 or 400 is that there 3 speeds and you lose your overdrive.. that's why the 4L80E is the most popular.

THANX..... THAT WAS VERY HELPFUL.