Stupid Ebay Newbies!! What should I do?

BlackBuick84

What's a turbo?
Alright, here's what I got going on: IROC It ends later tonite, my reserve was $3250. I checked the auction earlier this morning an saw this 440duster guy had high bid. He had 2 positive feedback as of like 10 am. I just checked it again at 2pm and its down to 1. Someone just left negative feedback coz he didnt follow through on an auction......and auction for another IROC:rolleyes:. So now my gut says he'll wimp out on this one an I'll have to deal w/ the whole mess, which I dont have time for. If I cancel his bids, the price will probably go back under my reserve. Should I do that or just wait it out an hope he follows through or gets outbid?

Call him. Or at least email. But, you can tell a lot about someone by talking on the phone. Be honest, but not accusatory. he may have backed out on the other one because he figures he may get yours. Since he is so new, school him a bit on how that isn't how he should handle his bidding. If it seems like some kid playing around, cancel out his bid and relist.

I thought about emailing him, but figured it was a little late in the auction to do so. I'll try that anyway.

Someone will snipe him unless he's got his high bid jacked to the moon. I'd wait it out.

there is another thing to concider. if you get rid of his bid and dont' meet the reserve ebay will let you relist for less money, or maybe free its been a long time since i've sold a car on there.

if hes a dead beat then you don't "relist" you sell it again, at the same price. and as much as it costs to put a car on ebay i'd think about that, and check into how it works now.

My understanding is if an item doesnt sell, it can be relisted and if sells, the original listing fee is refunded. But if I cancel the guy's bids, the car doesnt sell, and I relist it and it doesnt sell again, I have to pay for the first listing fee and the second listing fee. I dont want to spend $90 just to have it not sell. We'll see what happens.