Stumbly rough idle.

How is it blocked off?
A picture would be great
Ive got a billet egr block off on a gasket. I remember someone saying those dont seal up very well

Attachments

• 086A1A21-E79C-4FE1-9D01-4FE547790143.jpeg
    086A1A21-E79C-4FE1-9D01-4FE547790143.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 61
Well one option would be to use the stock leverage bracket on top of it to help push down.

Understand?

I’ll try finding a picture anyway

The scan master shows iac at 02. Is this normal?

It's fine if the car is FULLY warmed up and it's in park. I like my IAC readings to be as low as possible while still reading something greater than zero. Odds are that's not the case with your car though.

To raise that number, back off on the ''idle screw'' about 1/8 of a turn. Fire the car up and reset the TPS to .42V. Turn the car off, restart then check the IAC number and TPS number.

It'll take a few more tried to get it 'perfect' since changing one screws with the other.

That being said, you have more stuff than that going on. Those two settings can mess with idle speed (high) when way off, or knocking the computer out of idle mode when the TPS is too jacked up. But neither of them can make it idle like crap.

sometimes its the seal in the throttlebody. they have to be rebuild. theirs other blades available when rebuild

Check around all the vac sources, repair the EGR leak.
Do a "spring cleaning" on the t/b, IAC, etc.
Check the check valves for leaks.

Check around all the vac sources, repair the EGR leak.
Do a "spring cleaning" on the t/b, IAC, etc.
Check the check valves for leaks.
Thank you. Whats the best way to block egr for a tight seal? My billet block off leaks with a brand new gasket. The stock clamp wont work with an off the shelf block off plate.

Thank you. Whats the best way to block egr for a tight seal? My billet block off leaks with a brand new gasket. The stock clamp wont work with an off the shelf block off plate.

If you don't use the factory EGR leverage bracket, you gotta glue that sucker/block off plate with some high temp silicone on both sides of the gasket. If and when you port the intake, have the EGR passage epoxied / JB Welded off so it's completely non-functional.
Permatex High Temp Copper RTV is the go too these days. And let it completely dry for at least 24 hours before starting it up.

-Patrick-

If you don't use the factory EGR leverage bracket, you gotta glue that sucker/block off plate with some high temp silicone on both sides of the gasket. If and when you port the intake, have the EGR passage epoxied / JB Welded off so it's completely non-functional.
Permatex High Temp Copper RTV is the go too these days. And let it completely dry for at least 24 hours before starting it up.

-Patrick-
Sweet, thank u will do!