stumble at top end

equalizer442

today while i was racing agesnt a 2002 cobra i left it in drive and did not knock it up in to over drive when i hit a certien speed the car kinda stumbled and made a popping noise out of the open headers any idea what that could be? am i hitting my rev limiter or something? when i knock it up in to over drive it keeps going like a bat out of hell but for some reasion it only does that in drive

because i keep hitting the rev limiter or something it stumbles and wont let me go past a certien speed. i think i got screwed over when i got the car the last owners sed it had 55 lb injecters and a thrasher chip. i think he was bsing me about the chip but the injecters are 55lb units i think my problem is im eather hitting the top speed or the rev limiter im leaning twards the rev limiter thow because when i hit it up in od when it starts to stumble the rpms drop and the car keep going like a bat out of hell

If I was you I wouldn't be racing anyone without knowing what chip I had in my car. You wouldn't be hitting the top speed limiter in drive. You're most likely hitting the rev limiter, which isn't a good thing. If you have a scan master switch it to the rpm setting and find out where it's doing it.

Jacob

well if theres any prize money i took out a bran new cobra by 6 or 7 cars :D it runs fine but i dont like taping the rev limiter like that, when i put my lt1 starter on it a week ago i noticed that the torque converter was painted a bright blue so my guss is thats aftermarket also. theres a shop just down the road that works on alot of high performance cars ill have them to check it out soon. could the tq converter whatch im assumen has a higher stall speed be causen my rpm problems?