STOLEN GNX FOUND- Read about the Immaculate Recovery

AWESOME NEWS!!! My dad was a cop in New Haven Ct and he gave me some pointers besides the regular kill switches, alarms etc. He had me krazy glue a small piece of plastic onto the fuel injector fuses so I could easily pull them and reinstall them, and he also swears by Lojack, but even that has its limitations. One guy I know unplugs and takes the ecm with him when he leaves it. If you have a felpro, you can set the rev limiter at 100 rpms, etc.

Mine was stolen March as a year ago. It was stolen by some kid....it took him 30 seconds to steal it....I know for a fact that it took this long b/c the guy I was with left in his car almost a minute before I went to get in my car. He said that it was there at that time. The kid was pulled over in it 18 hours later and he ran...but they later caught him. I came to get my car and it had been run EXTREMELY hard. The car was barely running when I got it back....he had gotten it soo hot that it had burned all the paint off on the down pipe. BUT IM GONNA SHARE SOME NEWS WITH YOU AND IT WILL SUPRISE ME IF IT GOES OTHERWISE....SINCE THAT GUY WAS NOT CAUGHT STEALING MY CAR, THE CHARGES NEVER STUCK AND HE WAS LET GO...A FREE MAN I SAY...WTF IS THIS WORLD COMING TO? HIS FINGER PRINTS WERE ALL OVER IT....HIS CLOTHES WERE IN IT...HE WAS CAUGHT DRIVING IT...SOUNDS LIKE GOOD ENOUGH EVIDENCE TO ME, DONT YOU THINK? :( ...IM SLOWLY PUTTING IT TOGETHER AGAIN...FOR THE SECOND TIME...IF IT WASNT FOR THE MOTOR GUY BREAKIN ONE OFF IN ME IT WAS THAT GUY THAT STOLE IT....REASON I SAY IS HE NEVER HAD TO PAY ME BACK ONE DAMN DIME..NO RESTITUTION OF ANY SORT...NOTHING BUT A TORE UP CAR IS ALL I GOT IN RETURN FROM THE JUSTICE SYSTEM...JUST LOVELY ISNT IT? I KNOW IF THIS GUY THAT STOLE IT EVER CROSSES PATHS WITH ME THERES NO TELLING WHAT IM GOING TO DO WITH HIM....ALL I HAVE IS A NAME, AGE AND BRITHDATE OF THE GUY....17 YEAR OLD KIDS SHOULDNT BE OUT STEALING CARS THEY NEED TO BE EDUCATED ON WHAT OTHER THINGS THEY SHOULD BE DOING WITH THEIR TIME....I FEEL PEOPLE LIKE THIS SHOULD JUST BE HUNG OR SHOT....THATS JUST MY VIEW:cool:

AUTO-THEFT PREVENTION INFORMATION

Hello,

Probably more then a few of you may not know or remember me, but I have been trying (where and when I can) to help the T-R community from getting their cars stolen for almost 8 years. A few years back I wrote some information about protecting from theft T-R’s and it was added to the Gnt-type.org web site @ http://www.gnttype.org/misc/theftprevent.html .

Since then, a new crop of Turbo-Regal owners have entered the theatre and might find some use for the info as I know these cars are still being taken from us… BECAUSE IT IS FAR TOO EASY!

I have modified the info a bit since then and have a more recent version available to anyone who writes me and requests by e-mail. If anyone has questions, please feel free ask and I will try to assist.

Remember the bad guys know more about stealing cars than the good guys. Do all you can to protect what you actually care about keeping.

Thanks,
Sergeant Mark Pona
MPONA@FAU.EDU
St. Lucie County, FL
GSCA #3251

Hi Mark,

I had an earlier rev of your Tips, and if only I had taken your advice about the hidden kill switch :mad: Your second sentence is dead-on, you don't really think it through until it happens.

You might want to add my experience with the AutoLock Pro brake lock. Seems to be worthless in our cars. He managed to bend the AutoLock a little, so perhaps he got some braking out of the pedal. Worst case, they use the E-brake. They don't care much about wrapping your car around a tree. I wrote them an email and waiting to hear what they might do for me because I'm out of the formal 1 year "warrantee".

I would also say read your insurance policy carefully because the value is not necessarily what you think and many items in the car are not covered. Just don't leave anything in there you can't part with, like the expensive sunglasses your wife gave you for your honeymoon :(

Mike [:)