Stock Deck Mill?

87we410877

Was the stock mill on these decks terrible? Ive herd it before and my machinist just told me it looked like some one did it with a hack saw and its gona need a mill.

Was the stock mill on these decks terrible? .........................

I have never seen a bad machine job on a turbo V-6 block head surface, and have removed MANY virgin heads over the years.

If we have the block for a rebuild, we surface the head surface to "square" it to the crank, not because the surface is bad.

That block must have been at a shop before.

Yea he said the grooves were as deep as .003" is alot of places. He had to take .005" off of evertyhing to get it straight. He said it looked like the block never had work and that it was a factory mill job. ??? I dont really care. Its taken care of.

Yea he said the grooves were as deep as .003" is alot of places. He had to take .005" off of evertyhing to get it straight. He said it looked like the block never had work and that it was a factory mill job. ??? I dont really care. Its taken care of.
Theres no way in hell that was the way it came from GM. They are as smooth as a my gf's ass but are usually not square to the crank, especially if they ever got hot.