Stock block class

Nashty

WORLD'S FASTEST ......geo
It was a crazy suggestion but how about something that would allow hybrids to run as well as TTA'a and Regals? I like the idea of outlaw 109. Just open up TSM.

There are no real restrictor rules other than the 70 turbo size right now. Why not?

J/K - wouldn't want to be labeled as non-conformist.

That is pretty much the case at the west coast nats. stock block is the only rule.....and this year as far as I know we will have tse? but race Jase will need to confirm that with me, since he offered to organize it.

Originally posted by Nashty
It was a crazy suggestion but how about something that would allow hybrids to run as well as TTA'a and Regals? I like the idea of outlaw 109. Just open up TSM.

There are no real restrictor rules other than the 70 turbo size right now. Why not?

J/K - wouldn't want to be labeled as non-conformist.

Glad to see somebody liked my crazy idea because with all the nasty emails I got I figured it was a very bad idea:(

I don't think anyone who knows me thinks I am doing this other than for self serving reasons. I also know that it would never fly. There are too many people who have put lots of money into their cars to meet TSM rules and they would get flat whooped due to the aerodynamics if nothing else.

I don't want to ruin TSM, I still enjoy the spirit of it. It could be cool to add an outlaw class though for the hybrids and TTA's.

I hope it's done before the West Coast Nationals cause I will DEFINETLY take it out there to do some class racing.

Grab the ball and run with with it...;)

You need a min weight rule or your going to have 109 powered Go-Peds.

Geo-ped

Hey Keith
How are you and Amanda doing? Isn't that about what Nasty is building, ok maybe it's a Geo-ped but they weigh about the same. :D

Can the outlaw "109 block" class be for hybrid swap cars also?

I hope to make Vegas this year and will have a ton more heat under the hood by then.

-GNX7

As long as it has a stock block and plates.....hybreds welcome.....Ill have a Henry J myself some day........have the car, the engine etc... just out of time....

You think you have controversy now in TSM? Try building a class that includes the hybrids in the mix :D I certainly want to participate but have no interest in any class rule that would force me to add weight e.g., as it kind of defeats the purpose of why I chose a lighter, sleeker car with a mildly-modded engine.

I was never a big fan of bracket racing, but after watching how Jesse and the organizers set up the bracket classes, I feel that is the best way to have fair racing w/o controversy. If you say you can run 10.20, all you have to do is run it. Concerned about cutting a good light? Well, if you can't you gonna lose anyway.

The only suggestion I would have for Jesse and other event organizers is this: During eliminations, the competitors need more time for cool-down between rounds. Those dead periods can be filled with those not competing or already eliminated. If that is already in your plans, I apologize.

Congrats to Jesse and others behind their premier event and I am certain it will continue to succeed.

If I form this up, the miniumum weight will be exactly (1) Geo Metro hybrid + (1) aging engineer. I'm hoping to see around 2200-2300 lbs with me in it.

In other words, I don't want a weight minimum. Run an LC2 powered rail if you want. I'd really like to see times competing with TSO cars, heck, maybe even a showdown for kicks.